Thread: New user questions!

Wink New user questions!

Hi everyone,
    Im glad I found this resource. I hope I can contribute! In any case here are a few questions I have. First my cars cladding has always looked more gray then any other other other VX's ive seen...is this because I dont condition it? If so what product is best? Secondly is it possible to smoke out a stock VX? Or does TOD deter this? I heard someone claiming they did this. Does a supercharged VX achieve this? Thats about all for now. Thanks for your replies in advance.

Dave

Yes, conditioning the cladding keeps it darker - use the search feature for what most are using on it.

TOD prevents wheels from spinning. Disconnect TOD and it is possible to light up the rear tires under certain conditions. SC makes it even easier. I’ll try to find view of one of my burnouts. TOD disconnected also makes for a bit quicker 1/4 mile time but has no effect on mileage.

I couldn't smoke my rear 31" BFG ATs with the front driveshaft out and full S/C boost. I think my taller tires really suck up the HP though. Pete6 (no blower) and I compared acceleration from a stop to about 50. I had maybe a car length on him.

Last year I strapped a Toyota P/U out of a deep muddy ditch next to the paved road. He and the half a dozen people watching were in awe when I really burned off all four on the pavement in 4-low. Wish I had a pic of that!
    Rick "Baxman" LaMarche
    Supercharged, Dynamated. SCCA Oregon Region rallycross class winner

Originally posted by Tone
    Yes, conditioning the cladding keeps it darker - use the search feature for what most are using on it.

TOD prevents wheels from spinning. Disconnect TOD and it is possible to light up the rear tires under certain conditions. SC makes it even easier. I’ll try to find view of one of my burnouts. TOD disconnected also makes for a bit quicker 1/4 mile time but has no effect on mileage.
    How do you disconnect the TOD??