Thread: My install is finally finished, Also new custom gauge pod

My install is finally finished, Also new custom gauge pod

Well it is finished.......for now anyways. I finished my install just in time for our show today. It is all tuned and bumpin hard. I replaced all the door speakers with Rockford Fosgate 6.5" 2 way coaxials along with the factory tweeters for now but i will be upgrading to Fanatic X components soon. I also installed my custom fiberglass sub enclosure and EQ mount box. The sub is a Rockford Fosgate HX2-12 and the EQ is a Pheonix Gold 15X. The amps are a JBL 600.1 for the sub and a JBL 80.4 for the doors. I decided to mount the amps in the hatch cuz i thought it would be cool and i had never seen it done before, now i know why. It turned out to be a pain in my *** in the wiring and the physics of it all. I had to replace the stock door shocks with custom stainless 250lb each industrial ones which in turn needed custm brackets which i machined as well. All of this is wiried with Stinger components and cable and backed up by a Stinger SP1000 power2 battery and 4 gauge battery and ground cables All in all i think it looks trick and the sound quality is awsome. It will also bump with the best of em i would compare it to my X which hit 148.5db. And i can still fold down my seats and haul a lot of stuff. Here are some finished pics of everything please give me some feedback.

I also got my custom gauge pod installed for the show. This is a precurser for the upcomming turbo kit i am planning. I took an autometer 3 gauge screw on piller and cut out the individual pods and grafted them onto my stock A pillar. I did this with fiberglass resin and some body filler, then i bodyworked them smooth and shot them with a texture treatment to give it the look of the stock grained plastic. Next i shot it with custom matched interior color paint and now unless you know i did it you would think it is stock. I used Defi D gauges since they match my stock ones so perfectly and they even light up amber to match my dash. Again please let me know what you think.

And finally here is my Axiom at the show today along with my bike. This is the first show i have ever planned and organized and i was happy with the turnout of 86 cars and trucks. Thanks for any comments.
    Drive it like ya stole it!!!

2002 Axiom XS
    -20" Eco 820s with Goodyears
    -Custom fiberglass system...Rockford, JBL
    -Cutom powerdyne supercharger in the works
    -Cutom functional WRX hood scoop
    -Custom morgan-tec dual exhaust
    -Morgan-tec high flow intake kit

For prices, pics, audio and vid clips of my products please check out www.morgan-tec.com

I gotta say... NICE AND CLEAN!!!! Very nice installs.

One thing, and this is purely my opinion... the steering wheel cover is tacky. I HATE those things, and the first thing I think of when I see one is the cheap car parts isle in Target.

Ok, back to fiberglass sub enclosure and mount... NICE!!!!!

Originally posted by Dallas4u
    I gotta say... NICE AND CLEAN!!!! Very nice installs.

One thing, and this is purely my opinion... the steering wheel cover is tacky. I HATE those things, and the first thing I think of when I see one is the cheap car parts isle in Target.

Ok, back to fiberglass sub enclosure and mount... NICE!!!!!
    Well thanks for the comment i like the cover because it keeps the tan leather clean since i am a welder and my hands are often a little dirty it just keeos it nice thats all.

Thumbs up

Very nice Mike! Very clean and well laid out. Your pod and enclosures look great. The lifts look OEM too.
    Over 20 years of Isuzu enjoyment...

Very nice install.

I know how much time went into that fiberglass.

Chrome sub grill to match wheel pattern would be awesome.

Even though your truck is white, I think the fiberglass would look nicer vinyl wrapped. They wouls appear factory like.

John C.

I'll take one a 2 gauge A-pillar in black, please.
    Looks Great! Nice Job!
    -Dave

Choice Mike...totally sweet. The aprilia looks beautiful as well. Can't wait to get my intake.
    dylan
    face the mirror

Thanks for the comments guys, i really appreciate it, this was a lot more work that i thought it was going to be when i started.

xdfarrx: The Aprilia is also for sale......hint......hint....

Hotsauce: I never even thought of chrome, good idea. I went with the white because i am toying around with the thought of having the real fire flames sprayed on the Ax and i would also do the boxes to match if it does happen.

Thumbs up

The Aprilia is also for sale
    Aprilia... mmmmmmm...

Test drove the Mille R at Biketoberfest a couple years ago and all I can say is WOW. If it were only a little larger for tall people...