Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Optima Red Battery

....... jeez ........
    you guyz make me feel like a dinosaur ............
    I'm a DieHard type ........... never had a problem with a DieHard ...
    use them in cars, trucks, tractors, motorcycles ............
    whatz next ......... you guyz will tell me to get rid of my SAE30 straight weight non-detergent oil ............ ???
    and all this talk about superchargers ........ ??? ...... years ago, a supercharger was a dream for most ........ you might see a 4-71 or 6-71 supercharger on a small block or big block Chevy in a street rod or something similar ............ once every five years or so ......
    Last edited by t2p : 07/13/2004 at 01:02 PM

Ok, so what's the difference between an auto and deep cycle battery? Which is better? The auto battery has a longer warranty and has more cranking amps, so why is the deep cycle more?? Is it just cause it can be submerged and still work, or is it because its a marine battery? If the battery is submerged I think I'll have more problems then getting my truck to start

exide orbital deep cycle
    exide orbital auto

Is the general rule, the more cranking amps the better? Or is there some equation of cranking amps to lifecycle etc. that I should know about.

It is Complete Discharge amount to Life Cycle that determines Battery Life ( Plate Loss)

Some general electrical info.

http://www.wickedcases.com/HT/batteries.html

Bob F
    Neither ordinary or extraordinary, just indefatigable.

2000 VX Green Dragon- Chick Demagnitizer-Supercharger-Injen Intake- Cold air box-K&N- Power Vault SS Exhaust-265-75-16 BFG MT kms-On Board CO2- Custom Boulder Bars- Custom Skid plates- PIAA 520 Fog Lites-3inch lift with OME 912 Springs-LINE X Bedliner on Cladding & Hood Insert-ARB Front Lockers & Custom Bull Bar. Vintage Offenhauser Hood scoop Thule Rack. XM Radio-Custom Storage Box-First VX to surmount the RUBICON.Thanks Sierra Stompers

Thumbs up

Thank You, UtahVXer! That is the most information I've ever been given about batteries. I followed the links as you suggested and all my questions were answered, as well as some I didn't even know I wanted to ask!
    Return evil for evil to no one...as far as it depends upon YOU, be peaceable with all men. Romans 12:17, 18

Lightbulb Go Yellow

Only $50 more than red and it'll keep your stereo amp from dimming your lights when you play your music loud
    NAVIGATOR

over rated

I think Optima is over rated. Take your old batt. in and tell them you want the largest cranking amps that will fit. The energizer has a 1100 cca that is exactly the same size. Windows go up in a flash. Play your radio long . OH- you can buy two with the money you save . Both will dye in three years .
    VX...Priceless...Everything else there's mastercard..

Red Top..No Way

I put a Red Top in thinking at least it will not leak like my last battery did. The problem is if you DONT drive the VX that much the battery goes deader than a door nail. At least my battery did and it was so bad I took it back to Costco and got a full refund and then went back to the wet cell. Currently no more problems and very happy with the 725 cranking amps!
    Billy In Az

Re: over rated

Originally posted by jim.LR>AR
    I think Optima is over rated. Take your old batt. in and tell them you want the largest cranking amps that will fit. The energizer has a 1100 cca that is exactly the same size. Windows go up in a flash. Play your radio long . OH- you can buy two with the money you save . Both will dye in three years .
    Take it in where?

Love your signature!

try

mounting your Energizer upside down or sideways and see what happens;Dp;