Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Morgan-Tec Intake Installed!

Thumbs up Morgan-Tec Intake Installed!

Whew! What a day! Did the oil/filter/PCV maintenance on both the Dragon and the IronMan today. Also took the garage time to remove the Dragon's stock intake assembly and replace with my shiny Morgan-Tec intake and filter. All I can say is that Mike Morgan is certainly a friend and benefactor of the Isuzu community. Very nice workmanship, great instructions and the "butt-dyno" likes the results.

I just got done washing the Dragon's K&N element from the OEM airbox, so after re-oiling it'll go in the IronMan. I've run K&N elements for 20 years and it's always amazing how much comes out of those things when you clean 'em! In any case, I'll post pics of the installed Morgan-Tec intake later this evening or tomorrow as my digital camera needed an unexpected recharge.

If you have any questions about the install or the product from the VX perspective feel free to email or PM me. I also plan on fabbing an aluminum airbox for the cone filter but will tackle that later. I've got some Ocala mud to clean out yet from where the stock box was!;eekg; LOL!
    Over 20 years of Isuzu enjoyment...

Yes, please post pictures, as I have been thinking of doing this same mod. My xmas list this year will be Intake, Performance Muffler, roof rack, hood scoop and maybe some new tires. Did you notice any additional juice after installing the intake? Do you have stock muffler?

Thumbs up

Drove it out to dinner tonight and it definitely freed up some extra ponies. The only other engine mod (besides 100% Mobil-1) I'm running is the PV2 muffler. I've got a second PV2 ready to be installed on the IronMan and I'm considering getting another intake from Mike for it as well. The Dragon will be focused on street/rallycross while the IronMan will be the daily driver/off-road rig.

Cool! I also have a PV2 but have not worked up the courage to install it yet. One of these days Are you using stock tip? Or did you find a tip that tones it down a little? If yes, can you tell me which tip you went with?

Joe, i am glad the install went smooth for ya and you are pleased with the results. I would really appreciate you posting some pics of it as well. If you or anyone else have any ?s please let me know PM,email, Or 970-690-6856. Thaks again for being the gunnie pig!;Dr;
    Drive it like ya stole it!!!

2002 Axiom XS
    -20" Eco 820s with Goodyears
    -Custom fiberglass system...Rockford, JBL
    -Cutom powerdyne supercharger in the works
    -Cutom functional WRX hood scoop
    -Custom morgan-tec dual exhaust
    -Morgan-tec high flow intake kit

For prices, pics, audio and vid clips of my products please check out www.morgan-tec.com

how well will this work with a S/C VX?

Thumbs up

Okay, got home and ran out with the camera and snapped a few just as it started raining. If anyone wants a certain angle or view just PM me and I'll get it to you as soon as I can. Oh, there's no clamp on the filter because the one that came with it is a half-inch too short and as for the band clamp sticking straight up, well, I'll make it "prettier" later!

I_Wanna_Retire, I'm running the stock tip with the PV2 and find it can get a little "brrappppy" off the line but has a nice growl at speed. If you've ever heard a KZ1000 with a Kerker megaphone and racing baffle that would just about nail the sound. I'm considering a resonator tip if I can find one I like that's close in appearance to stock or not too ricy.

Looks good, but clean your engine man!

Simple Green and a high powered hose is the way to go.
    Draftsman of the dead

I know, I've been lazy in that respect. But it did look like this before:

And a few times since... ;pg;

Thanks for posting the pics, the intakes now come with a Morgan-tec logo stocker on the tube. AS for the filter clamp that baffles me because i have not had this problem before and this is not the first time i have used these filters on MAFs.

Yeah, the clamp has 3 1/2" stamped right on it, but is like about 1/16" from being engaged by the adjuster. I didn't measure, so either the clamp is just stamped incorrectly or a 4" is necessary. I tried really hard Mike, really I did!

Thumbs up Other Morgan tec feedback

I got mine friday- Morgan tec build was good quality. I am backing the freed ponies as well. Easy install. Cone is also of good quality, and stainless, not oil based like the K&N/Calmini. Mike has been nothing but pro and I recommend this to anyone who thinks they want to upgrade. For the money I feel it was worth it... ooohhh by the way, I think I am getting some love on the fuel consumption. I am noting the data. Mike said he got 2 mpg more on his axiom computer. Cool...

Hey Joe, I am going to do the cold air box to...I have a guy who is going to do it, I am interested to hear about your build.

thanks
    Dylan
    face the mirror

oooooo increase in mpg....we could all use tat....
    ________
    Live Sex
    Last edited by MZ-N10 : 09/05/2011 at 03:34 PM

Thumbs up

Looks good, and if Joe says he likes it and it makes a difference, then I'll be considering it.

Hey, I made a major mod on mine today too - I got a new washer fluid pump. Woohoo! :-) It was leaking (from the pump, not the reservoir or at the rubber plug) and I have not been able to have any washer fluid in there for a long time. Guess I didn't miss it too terribly much or it would have been done long ago, but I finally got around to doing it. My VX squirts like a charm now. It could be handy at a rallycross, with all that dust. :-)

Originally posted by Joe_Black
    Yeah, the clamp has 3 1/2" stamped right on it, but is like about 1/16" from being engaged by the adjuster. I didn't measure, so either the clamp is just stamped incorrectly or a 4" is necessary. I tried really hard Mike, really I did!
    Thanks for the great feedback guys, i will have to check on the filter clamp, that is the one that comes with the filter when i buy them from my supplier so i could need to replace it with a new one but let me do some checking, as for the kits out there already experiancing this problem i am sure Napa can fix ya up for a buck or two. ;Dr;