Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Finally! Lowering the VX

Hmmm, I am a little concerned about rub. Pump a corner and test out the tire against your cladding. May be that removing the inner well cover will be needed. Lemme know how the cornering vs rubbing is though.

A little too low for my tatse, but I am still interested in seeing your final results.

Good luck man!
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Question

transio did these ever get installed?? Very interested in this mod.

Man,

I never got around to it because work's been a biatch lately, and then Sears said they wouldn't honor my lifetime alignment thingy if I did, so I was waiting to get my new wheels and then I was gonna have everything done all at once.....

...and, well, you know how that worked out! Modding the VX sure ain't been an easy proposition for me!

I'll keep ya updated, though, Cyrk. I expect to have everything sorted out soon.
    Steve

Thumbs down Farking Sheit....

Went and paid $50 today to have the new springs installed and then the old springs re-installed.

The new springs are 2" shorter than the old ones, but are made of a higher gauge steel, and don't compress as much. The end result is a 1" LIFT.

That's $200 + $20 shipping + $50 install/uninstall = $270 wasted on springs that don't do what they're supposed to.

I'm going to call Valley Springworks and see if they'll work something out for me. Bill had promised me that he knows the VX very well and had no problem fabricating a 2" drop set of springs. Let's find out if he's a man of integrity and will back up what he promised.

I'll keep you guys updated.

Have you heard back from them?

I bet valley will replace. They have a good history of mamking things right.

FYI, you can swap in rodeo springs for a 1" drop. I'm not sure how they will feel though.
    '95 Trooper LS w/ 5spd, front lockright, rear LSD, Tera Low, 1.5" OME coils, 2.5" Daystar spacers, Nissan Patrol RS9000s, ARB Bullbar, Warn M8000, 33" Firestone Destination MTs, SURCO rack.

Originally posted by MachineVX
    Have you heard back from them?
    No... they said they'd call back the next day. This was last Thursday. I've been focusing on my wheels this week (I have a bit more invested in them). I guess I'll try Valley again today and see what they want to do.

Originally posted by wareagle
    drop. I'm not sure how they will feel though.
    Good info to have!!!

Originally posted by transio
    I guess I'll try Valley again today and see what they want to do.
    Yeah, ummm..... well I called them today and got an automated message that says they're closed Nov 19th - December 1st. I'm not happy about this situation. They really should have called me back this week. Now I have to sit around and wait another 2 weeks. Do you know someone there, wareagle?

Rodeo/Sport coil trade for VX coils?

I have a set of Rodeo Sport or a set of Rodeo coils I'll trade for some VX coils. The RS coil springs should give about 1 1/2" drop, the Rodeo about a 1" drop. I've used both in my Rodeo Sport and can say the Rodeo Sport coils are stiffer, and about 1/2" shorter with no load. The RS coils only have about 12K on them, the Rodeo coils about 20K. I bought the Rodeo coils thinking they would give me a least a 1" lift, they didn't so now I am looking for some Trooper/VX coils. You can email me at pdmartine@yahoo.com

Being a RS guy, I just lurk here, but I'm known somewhat on the 4x4wire and PlanetIsuzoo forums as TooShinyRS.

Paul
    Last edited by RodeoSport : 11/20/2004 at 11:45 AM

Question Lowering Project Result

How did the lowering project workout???? If so, what were the specs for shocks, springs, etc you needed to purchase

What happened is the springs were manufactured incorrectly - about the same height as stock - and Bill from Valley Springworks hasn't sent me new ones or returned any of my recent calls... so I gave up after about $300 investment and disappointing results.

Rodeo Sport,

if you are in Portland...you can contact Little Laurie and try to get her old stock VX springs...she lifted hers last I heard..but not sure if she kept it that way or not, because she was having cv boot tearing problems(not sure why unless the shop lited the front end way too high).

I still have my stock ones on my VX.