Thread: Clunk and Noise

Clunk and Noise

I'm still a newbee here, I have my VX a little over 48 hrs. We made our first little trip today to a dealership

You guys were right about my rear shocks, they are shot, will have to get replaced soon. These little jewels are pretty darn expensive at least from Izuzu - almost $500 a shock plus labor to put them on.

My check engine light came on this morning on the way over, it turned out to be the vent cellinoid, whatever that does.

On the way home, I starting listening to the VX when I started slowing down. It sounds like a Jake brake on a semi truck followed by a clunk when it comes to a stop. Is this normal or do I have a problem with my brakes or my transmission? I don't notice it any other time except the harder you hit the brakes the louder the clunk.

I'm in love with this truck, I don't want to take it back to the dealership. Maybe it's a fuse problem like some of you suggested on someone else's post.

HELP !!!!

The clunk is probably just the tranny shifting down into first at the last minute. Lots of people have noticed that if they brake really hard they will hear a clunk after they let off the brake when it finally shifts down because it didn't get a chance to under hard braking. (if you can decode that English)
    Canadian VXer!

Hey,

I used to have a clunk (not relate to your clunk but), but I greased my zerks (3 of them), and now....no cluck.

Do a search for Clunk....look for a post by SPAZZ. He gave me a pretty good set of instructions to fix it. It was very simple.
    Last edited by Kahuna : 07/28/2004 at 09:51 PM