Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: engine failure question

Well if thats the case, you shouldn't have a problem with warranty work if you kept good records.
    2000 Black VX 105k

Originally posted by xdfarrx
    PO 301...made me sick to my stomach when I saw it. I don't know how it could be head gasket, bad fuel, etc... but regardless of analytical data, or statistics, I'm looking at worst 5 large for a new engine. Given I only have 56,000 miles and it is a 99 I should be on warranty but I know it won't be that easy. I hope this works for me but knowing all the grief with Isuzu North America, and then my car now I am not to psyched.
    So if I get a code p 0301, that means "Need New Engine?" I thought it was cyl #1 misfire. The coil, plug and injector would certainly be what I'd check first, which I'm sure that they will do at the dealership.

Let us know what they find.

-Tad

Until I see some reputible source with numbers concerning production numbers vs. engine failures (don't forget to include the 3.5 troopers either), I refuse to participate in this tomfoolery and paranoia that you people are obsessed with.
    I won't bore you with a lengthy reply. All you need to know is this:
    Isuzu maintains that oil consumption of 1 quart per 1000 miles is acceptable.
    The oil consumption and failure issues with the 3.5 - and the 3.2 that preceeded it - are fairly well documented. I was aware of the issues before I purchased a VX. I still purchased one though.

For such a well documented problem, it shouldn't take to long to come up with some informative links. Maybe a TSB?

Originally posted by Maugan_VX
    For such a well documented problem, it shouldn't take to long to come up with some informative links. Maybe a TSB?
    Lots of links on Isuzu engine failure but none on TSB. The minute Isuzu issues a TSB on the engine failure problem they will admit liability. That is something they have not and will not do.

Perhaps at some time after 2000, finally recognizing that the problem existed, they corrected the Piston ring/Egr engine flaws among other things , but unless their engine build production records are opened for public view we may never know.

Nuff for me on this thread as posters have taken a stance one way or another & nothing is going to change their mind one way or another.

Bob
    Last edited by Green Dragon : 08/18/2004 at 10:39 AM
    Neither ordinary or extraordinary, just indefatigable.

2000 VX Green Dragon- Chick Demagnitizer-Supercharger-Injen Intake- Cold air box-K&N- Power Vault SS Exhaust-265-75-16 BFG MT kms-On Board CO2- Custom Boulder Bars- Custom Skid plates- PIAA 520 Fog Lites-3inch lift with OME 912 Springs-LINE X Bedliner on Cladding & Hood Insert-ARB Front Lockers & Custom Bull Bar. Vintage Offenhauser Hood scoop Thule Rack. XM Radio-Custom Storage Box-First VX to surmount the RUBICON.Thanks Sierra Stompers

oil damage

yep I think there's a deninate connect between no warni8ng and rapid engine failure. I kept this baby regular, and I don't mean bran.
    changes evry 3k and paying attention to the levels.
    Now I'm in the process of swapping out the engine.
    Green Dragon 2000 with 74k.
    Oh and guess what I'll be fitting this time round...An oil guage.
    Never pack a gob****e there's always one waiting for you when you get there.

Egr Valve

Is there an easy way to clean the EGR Valve?

well in my case...

ill share my experience. I bought my 99 with 37K on it. 2 weeks later i had to return to school (500 mi). the oil level was full before i left. i had to return home (another 500 mi) 3 days later. about my 200 miles into it my engine went. sure enough, there was no oil. I had only had it 3 weeks. i had it towed to a dealer. luckily the warranty had 3 weeks left the dealership that i bought it from had no records of oil changes. Isuzu failed to cover it under warranty. i printed about 10 pages of this website regarding the subject and sent them to the isuzu dealership along with a letter from attorney friend that basically said someone was paying for a new engine and that it wasnt gonna be me. three days later i got a call from them that said they had made a "mistake" when reading my warranty info and that they would cover it. i said thank you and a month later i picked up my vx with a brand new engine. They tried to give me the run around so many times. MAKE SURE YOU KNOW YOUR WARRANTY. They count on you taking thier word for it.