Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Florida Here I Come

Again, Im sorry to hear your leaving us.

BTW ill be in FLA nov 17 - 22, Taking the kid to Disney land, maby if it aint to far we'll catch up and i can see your new mods since i know you will have some more by then as you always do

As a matter of fact i bet your working on something new as we speek, LOL

adam

Question Orlando Meet...

...interested to see who'd be up for an o-town (orlando) meet before tha end of tha year? ...x

how weird is that!! i was up in NY/PA this past week and a half, left on friday and drove back down in my Ebony with a Uhaul trailer!! if id seen you id of thought it was a reflection!
    shame we didnt run into each other on the way, but im sure at least a few people at gas stations or rest stops might of got a bit freaked out ("didnt that just leave an hour ago??")

BTW: the trip was rough , especially on I 95 between Jax and Palm bay, Charlie was really pissed..and didnt have a problem letting people know..i swear my uhaul was actually floating at one point..but the VX handled the nasty weather exceptionally!!!!
    Also, i ran into a fellow VX'r and VX.Info poster in Liberty NY, a true coincidence. If i hadnt mad a wrong turn awhile before and decided i "needed" coffee, wed of missed each other completely. It was good meeting you Doc!!
    Maverick
    99' Ebony VX sold...

Originally posted by zadam123
    As a matter of fact i bet your working on something new as we speek, LOL
    Damn, how did you know?
    The Bantan's Relm
    Gallery
    Myspace Page
    "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about the things we care about."

Originally posted by Maverick
    how weird is that!! i was up in NY/PA this past week and a half, left on friday and drove back down in my Ebony with a Uhaul trailer!! if id seen you id of thought it was a reflection!
    shame we didnt run into each other on the way, but im sure at least a few people at gas stations or rest stops might of got a bit freaked out ("didnt that just leave an hour ago??")

BTW: the trip was rough , especially on I 95 between Jax and Palm bay, Charlie was really pissed..and didnt have a problem letting people know..i swear my uhaul was actually floating at one point..but the VX handled the nasty weather exceptionally!!!!
    Also, i ran into a fellow VX'r and VX.Info poster in Liberty NY, a true coincidence. If i hadnt mad a wrong turn awhile before and decided i "needed" coffee, wed of missed each other completely. It was good meeting you Doc!!
    WOW!
    I postponed leaving on Friday because of the hurricane.
    What size Trailer did you haul?
    What was your top speed?

Re: Orlando Meet...

Originally posted by -x-
    ...interested to see who'd be up for an o-town (orlando) meet before tha end of tha year? ...x
    We family!!!
    Make it happen?

Lightbulb

Don't forget the beach meet next month! Plus the RallyCross has been rescheduled to the 28th in Fort Meade.
    Over 20 years of Isuzu enjoyment...

Originally posted by Bantan
    WOW!
    I postponed leaving on Friday because of the hurricane.
    What size Trailer did you haul?
    What was your top speed?
    i hauled a 5x8 "van" trailer, tracked perfectly..i didnt push it past 80 mph though, it started getting a little drifty up past 75 on downhill runs.. im guessing the total weight was in the 3500 lb range or so..the only time i could feel the trailer was on steep inclines, or when it was "surfing" in the flooded sections of i-95 (but ofcourse i was going much slower then as well.) kept it in "3" most of the time as per the vehicle manual.. theonly problem i had was with the trailer lights. turns out i have a bad logic box. no brake or turn signal on the right side, but everything else worked fortunately..

btw, the whole round trip was 3600 miles ( iwas all over the north east) , i used 1/2 quart of mobile one, and had a high of 22 mpg (way up) and a low of about 13 mpg (with trailer in bad weather.) average fuel cost was around $1.87 a gallon..lowest was in the carolinas (it used to be Georgia) , highest was in NY....

Last edited by Maverick : 08/18/2004 at 07:01 AM

Welcome to Florida. The cheapest gas I know of around here is at a Racetrack gas station in Hallandale. $1.77. 5 minutes south of downtown Ft.Lauderdale.

Seems as Oil Prices climd our gas prices go down.We had a little tax break here on gas for the month of August. A whole whopping $0.08, mandatory for all gas stations.

Other than that enjoy Florida and the fact that when its a terrential down pour, no one on I-95 slows down below the speed limit.

Well I made it, and then there was the welcoming commitee to greet me 3 more hurricanes, had no power or internet for a few days then got busy at my Job. You guys should have see the look on the faces of some rubber neckers when I flew by them. Then there were those that speed up to catch a glimse, cause they thought the trailer was pulling itself since the trailer was bigger than the VX.I Saw a few accidents on the way, which took me a total of 24 hours. Started out doing 55mph as suggested by the U-haul manual for a 6x12 trailer. I soon figured at this rate I would never get there, so I averaged 70 most of the rest of the way. I discovered that I got better handling & MPG at 70mph with cruise control. The weight of the trailer and contents was about 4700lbs, 300lbs over the load bearing limit for that trailer(sh, don't tell) I did not think I had that much stuff. I did not switch drivers, (is that a record?) there were a few scary momments, and I vowed never to do it again. Here are a few pics:

Well being originally from the Carribbean I'm use to hurricanes, so I took it in stride. However I was worried that if the eye of the huricane past directly this way the 2 Cranes attached to 2 buildings across the street from where I live would come crashing down on my Baby:

Needless to say I did not sleep:

It was "De ja vous" for me:

Is that last photo real? You got a photo of the towers coming down?
    Steve

Originally posted by transio
    Is that last photo real? You got a photo of the towers coming down?
    Yes bro, unfortunately it is real, almost lost my VX that day.
    Oh yeah, and my life too.

Originally posted by Bantan
    Yes bro, unfortunately it is real, almost lost my VX that day.
    Oh yeah, and my life too.
    Glad you have your prioritys straight!
    2001 Ironman Daily Driver... 3.5" suspension lift (OME912 springs and 1" spring spacer), ball joint flip, 1.5" front diff. drop, 33"x12.5 TrXus MT, 16x10 Eagle Alloy rims, Interceptor, PV muffler, K&N air filter, Alpine Supercharger, Bilstein shocks, and some trimming.

2000 Ironman Project LS-1 VX... very slow progress but someday....... ohhhhh someday......

No record, did Firebaugh Cali to Hunts Point N.Y. in 68 hrs. a few years back.....at realictic speeds.