Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: WINDOW FIX FROM ISUZU!!!! Finally....

I just did this, and have one thing to add:

I didn't have enough adjustment in the window support. I took a drill and ovaled out the holes about 1/8" to get enough adjustment. Once I did that and bolted it up, the window doesn't tilt anymore. It is a little bit slower near the top, but it stays firmly in the track and I'm very pleased with the result.

-Tad

Adjustment

At the moment I'm on business (in the US) so i won't get chance until the following weekend but I'll get some photos.
    The lock nuts are not obvious they face the outer door pannel also the slots that are cut in the plastic mounts cannot be seen.
    The back nuts must be undone before the front bolts can be slackened.

Col

Ok I got the VX back from Isuzu, the Fix seems like the real deal. The windows roll up alot faster then before, you can tell there is a lot less drag and binding on the windows. I have seen no problems over the last week, no rattles or other problems in the door area and they finally stay in the track. Happy VXing.

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car

Talking

Its probably a good idea to give the windows regular maintenance with a spray of silicone down the tracks.
    Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com

Cline, does the window still move forward and backward as you put it up/down? Or does it glide in the track without any "play" at all.

When I fixed mine (with a drill) it stopped moving fore and aft entirely. It slides up with the back end tight into the rear channel. It's easy for me to tell how much movement there is because I have window tint and can see the edge of it if the window shifts forward. I should be a good test for longevity too as I have to roll the window down at least twice per day for the guards at the gate.

-Tad

Just a few months ago there was a fix posted here(including pix) that involved widening the tracks themselves...if I remember correctly. Must be kismet, the pass side window crapped out ---again--- last night It's needed help tracking straight at the top for some time now, so no surprise. Did manage to get it fully closed. Actually came here today, to look for that old post. Isuzu has always been ok to me but I'm thinking I may be able to effect a more permanent fix myself(with your help of course) Does anyone recall that post? Did anyone try it? As I recall it was a simple fix. HELP! Love ya

ISUZU fixed both windows for me in the past. After they replaced the rails both windows went up straight/ fast. There was no problem with the regulator that I know of.

I just took it in and mentioned that it was "begining to start" binding again. They wanted to charge me for two hours of labor to adjust the regulator. Whatever they did made the widow worse (it goes up at an angle now).

What bothers me is that they fixed the problem once, shouldn't they figure out from that how to prevent the problem from recurring?

Angry Window curse

Oh yeah buddy,please post those pics

Same here...I'm more graphically oriented than text based when it comes to instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by Cline View Post
    Ok I got the VX back from Isuzu, the Fix seems like the real deal. The windows roll up alot faster then before, you can tell there is a lot less drag and binding on the windows. I have seen no problems over the last week, no rattles or other problems in the door area and they finally stay in the track. Happy VXing.

So what info do you have on the fix? shawn
    1COOLVX

Cline hasnt logged on since 08/26/2004. Good luck all. But It would be nice to know the actuall details...
    01 VX Kaiser | Love it! Drive it! Mod it! MYVEHICROSS.com | VX-WIKI

Rancho RS9000X | VXC Shifter Plates | PV2 | Hella Micro DE fogs | Carbon Fiber Hood | AfterShock Skid Plates (front, rear, sides)

Our local Isuzu dealership is actually a Ford dealership. They don't even know what a Vehicross is, let alone the 'official' fix for the windows.

Permanent window fix

Hello.. Here is a possible solution that I have used to take care of the problem you are running into

if you are new to the forum, welcome and I hope this helps..

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=11541

and dont forget to search lubing your windows here.. it is a good way to
    keep them sliding without friction