Thread: Magnetic clutch spring coil in T-case bad

Magnetic clutch spring coil in T-case bad

Does anyone know how difficult it would be to do this myself...or how much another new/used T-case would be$$$$??????

the T-case is NOT covered under Isuzu's power train warranty..............................

I can't believe they won't cover that!!!!!! In my (everyones?) opinion that is a main drivetrain component! I think I remember even seeing that it was part of the coverage on one of their pamplets. *enough rant*

Sorry I have no idea what it takes to rebuild a Transfer case....
    2001 Ironman Daily Driver... 3.5" suspension lift (OME912 springs and 1" spring spacer), ball joint flip, 1.5" front diff. drop, 33"x12.5 TrXus MT, 16x10 Eagle Alloy rims, Interceptor, PV muffler, K&N air filter, Alpine Supercharger, Bilstein shocks, and some trimming.

2000 Ironman Project LS-1 VX... very slow progress but someday....... ohhhhh someday......

you sure its not covered? I was specifically told that the transfer case WAS covered.

If you haven't already, I'd call and find out for sure.
    2000 Black VX 105k

they delae said,

they called Isuzu America and they said that the T-case is NOT covered under the 120,000 mile or 10 year Power Train warranty.

I asked the Service manager what was considered "Power Train" and she said the engine or internally lubricated parts of it and the Transmission, but NOT the T-case or TOD. They also said that the wine (coming from the Transmission or T-case) was actually coming from my alternator (Which is brand new and the whine was there before the old one died and after the new one installed). I asked her then why did the whine come at same time my TOD stopped working(which is the ailment in my T-case) and why it was there before and after changing alternators. She said it IS your alternator.

WTF

I thought the TOD was Power train and the T-case. If someone finds the listing of what is covered and the T-case is on their...PLEASE HELP ME OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suprised to discover Isuzus much touted TOD system is not part of the Drive Train. Makes me think they are Lawyers not car Builders.

You should have cleaned your EGR Valve & changed your PCV Valve every 3000 miles. Lubricated your windows every week-Siliconed your headlight Gaskets every month- Removed & adjusted your CD player after each use . Line Xed your insert to prevent cracking- Replated your wheels etc etc.

If I could get a Xfer case ( Salvage) for less than $300 I would do that.

By the Way "Happy Birthday"

Bob F
    Neither ordinary or extraordinary, just indefatigable.

2000 VX Green Dragon- Chick Demagnitizer-Supercharger-Injen Intake- Cold air box-K&N- Power Vault SS Exhaust-265-75-16 BFG MT kms-On Board CO2- Custom Boulder Bars- Custom Skid plates- PIAA 520 Fog Lites-3inch lift with OME 912 Springs-LINE X Bedliner on Cladding & Hood Insert-ARB Front Lockers & Custom Bull Bar. Vintage Offenhauser Hood scoop Thule Rack. XM Radio-Custom Storage Box-First VX to surmount the RUBICON.Thanks Sierra Stompers

Happy b-day SPAZZ...

Don't forget to refill your blinker fluid and adjust your wiper cams!

'01 EBONY 1330 r.i.p. now '01 PROTON 0987
    Try allhyundaiisuzuparts.com or that other one, I think it's car-part.com.

I'd call Isuzu yourself and find out for sure. Almost sounds like they are trying to give you the run around here.

I was specifically told by an isuzu rep that the transfer case was covered under the warranty. And I'm the 2nd owner!

This may be bad news. Taken right off of their site.. I'll check my manuals when I get home.

Scott / moncha.com

On an AWD vehicle.. how is the transfer case NOT considered part of the driveline though???

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!

it is not equipped with any disabling switch and the hubs are locked all the time!!!!!!

I just called Isuzu and asked whether the transfer case was covered under the powertrain warranty specifically, and he said "YES". The guy's name was daniel. Call them yourself if you don't believe me.

TOD computer is NOT covered however under the powertrain warranty.