Just saw a puddle of coolant in my garage this afternoon under the VX. Couldn't tell if it was from the radiator or a hose as the leak stopped and the coolant trail seemed to have trickled along part of the frame and other misc. engine parts. Also, the radiator area appeared to be dry along with the main hoses.

So, the baby and I went for another drive to see if it will happen again and sure enough it did. Once we got home, I heard a distinct hissing noise and saw a little smoke along with the obvious coolant smell coming from the engine. I thought the leak was coming from a hose or a loose clamp but instead it came from, what looked like, the back of the waterpump where it seals to the front of the engine.

Does anyone know if there is a seal/gasket to be replaced for the waterpump or is the pump just shot and needs to be replaced.

Anyone know how difficult it is to replace the pump yourself? I've replaced pumps with previous cars and it's basically an all day thing. Or should I have Isuzu look at it as I read it MAY be covered under the warranty.

The engine didn't appear to be overheating during the drive and it looks like the only thing affected was the level in the coolant reserve tank. Thanks in advance for any advice.