Hey guys,

It's getting time to where I'm in a position to buy a new(er) car and I'm very much considering a VX still. I basically have narrowed down my choices to a 2001 Isuzu VX or a 2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE. Now, I can pretty much get both vehicles at around the same price ($16,500) with less than 50K miles. I love VW Passats, since they are highly modable, but VW's recent reliability issues have scared the ***** out of me, so I don't thinK I'll get one.

My main concern is reliability, as I'm not going to have any extra cash to throw at expensive repairs. I've ready many reviews that the Pathfinder is a reliable car and is top rated by Consumer Reports and others. Now, is the VX going to offer me the same reliabililty? Again, I'd be getting a 2001 with under 50K miles.

I'm not sure about the insurance costs. I'll call State Farm and get a quote in the next couple of days. I'm guessing a VX and Pathfinder will be very similar since they are both 4x4.

The VX is way more cooler and unique, but the Pathfinder LE offers more luxury options and space.

I'm 23, single, live in Michigan, and want a car that is going to spin heads and allow me to mod it some (appearance mods such as wheels, etc).

Anyone care to convince me on still getting a VX?