Thread: Back Dooor Latch?

Back Dooor Latch?

Hi VX forum members...I'm a newbee. I'm in Hawaii, is there any members here from the Aloha state? I bought this VX from a forum member Katie, 99' white Ironman. Really enjoying the VX.
    Please someone tell me, Is there a inside latch for the back door? If not..can the rear door be hook up with the remote?
    Aloha, I will enjoy it here.

use,

the search feature.

Tone sells a kit to make the rear door open from a switch you can mount in the glove box or elsewhere in the front of the VX. Search under popper or rear popper and it should come up, along with instructions on how to make it work with your remote.

If I understand you right..... there is no inside latch...as recommended look at the search feature. You might want the Tone's. It is called a 'popper'. I don't have it but some are stoked on it. There is a handle that it is kind of hidden on the inside kind of close to the license plate... dont be scared to ask forr help and use the search cause there is a grip of info there.
    peace
    face the mirror

I believe that he is refering to the inside door handles like the Trooper II's used to have in the 80's. I used to ride in the back of my parents '86 Trooper II all the time when I was a kid. The new Troopers don't have a release from the inside. And unfurtunetly no there is no rear door release from the inside on the VX either.

Probably took it out do to some kind of safety hazard, to try and keeps kids riding up front. But if you where in an accident and the only means of escape was the rear door, now what do you do kick out the glass? It's rediculus if you ask me every door should be able to be opened from the inside.

Take the extended cab pickups with the small suicide doors for example. you can't open them with out opening the front door first which is hard to do when your in the back.

I installed the popper (and OEM rear-hatch switch) and have it wired to the 3rd button on my CompuSTAR remote (button unlocks the side doors and pops the rear when held down for 2 seconds). One of the best mods I've ever done...

-- John
    John Eaton
    Original Owner
    2001 Proton Yellow #580
    Atlanta GA

http://wildtoys.com/vehicross/
    http://vehicross.blogspot.com/

"Metaphors be with you"