I never thought it would come to this but Vicky and I can't stand it anymore. Our dealer is either unwilling or unable to get parts for us to make warranty repairs, although it seems the very expensive non-warranty parts are always in stock.

We've been waiting for a replacement rear diff for like 10 weeks now, but it hasn't been making that much noise so it didn't concern me that much.
Last week, it started making a metal on metal clanging kind of noise, and we already had an appointment for the 30k service. Went in for service and came out $850 poorer, $475 for 30k, $150 for a new serpentine belt, $70 for front end alignment, and $80 for a new battery. The clanging was/is being caused by a faulty A/C compressor assembly, which caused the wearing of the serpentine belt and is an $1100 fix, by the way.
So we brought it home and drove it for a few days, all the while the noise is getting worse. Now the A/C is out completely and upon startup, the engine sounds like several forks stuck in a running garbage disposal. So we dropped it off at the dealer and he has absolutely no idea when the parts will be in. After refusing us a free loaner, he said his hands are tied and we should call Isuzu Corporate, but of course don't tell them that he said to call.

You know, I love the VX to death, but it's becoming more hassle than it's worth. That Dodge Magnum is looking really good right about now, so if anybody wants to make an offer, now is the time, of course you'll have to wait for parts. :sighr: :rollr2:

Brian