Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Got Dyno'd.....again.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Got Dyno'd.....again.

OK, after geting my new nose for my SC and a custom air intake fabbed up I noticed a meager dif in performance.

So, I made it a point to run up and get Dyno'd again to make sure my air/fuel was ok(being, giving the engine is getting a hellva lot more air) and what not.

To my surprise and the good guys at Dynocomp (www.dynocomp.com) the difference was uncanny! As you can tell from the chart, I added about 50ftlb of tourque and 50hp off the line....da...ham!
    The dotted lines shows my new run, the solid is my old with the stock airbox.

The air/fuel was right on the money(what I was most worried about).....strange thing though, I'm still at 4psi boost. I am certain now that I'm running with a 5psi pulley, when I got the new nose for the SC they sent it with a 4psi pulley to compare....there is a diff between the two, the 5psi is about 1/4 inch smaller.....baffled.

Oh, so I suggest....if your running a SC with a stock airbox, look up, the proof is in the pudding.
    Last edited by jayfotos : 09/10/2004 at 06:24 PM
    Draftsman of the dead

Thanks!!!! Great info! Time for me to look at getting an intake
    2001 Ironman Daily Driver... 3.5" suspension lift (OME912 springs and 1" spring spacer), ball joint flip, 1.5" front diff. drop, 33"x12.5 TrXus MT, 16x10 Eagle Alloy rims, Interceptor, PV muffler, K&N air filter, Alpine Supercharger, Bilstein shocks, and some trimming.

2000 Ironman Project LS-1 VX... very slow progress but someday....... ohhhhh someday......

I don't like pudding.

My next step, after going it over with the Dynocomp guys is a trans cooler, to be custom mounted behind the front bumper(where the two holes are below the grill, so it gets good air flow). Also, replacing the stock belt driven fan and putting in a electric fan.

YeeeeHaaaaawh!

dayummmmm..

jay tha hot weather down there has got you all bent on getting your vx laced out!!! Great stuff, definitely stout numbers....
    peace
    xDx
    face the mirror

Yea, I know I'm git'n bit crazy......but it was either this or buy a chopper, that I know I would kill myself on.

My knowlege of blowers is fair at most, but something has peaked my interest with them now that the air issue has popped up....

Considering a blower needs cool quantities of fresh air, how does a nasty, damp, cold winter affect it? I imagine a cold air intake is NOT gonna be good at all for it, since it's much easier for dampness to get into the assembly.

Just curious cause mine is on it's way, and so is winter. I am thinking, I may have to have seasonal runs. Cold air for summer and back to the box for winter. Any thoughts?
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Ambient air tempertures round 4 degrees centigrade are the trickiest, cause the % of humidity that the air can contain is the highest.
    Air speed can couse the temp. to drop below zero and freeze the waterdamp.

Good question Worm, but I don't need to worry to much about that.

Switching back and forth might not be a bad idea, I used to live in NY and I know how nasty it can get outside.
    Last edited by jayfotos : 09/13/2004 at 12:41 PM

Talking

WOW!! Dat's an awesome engine bay!! Incredible work. With those gains I'm sold, just need to bribe the boss.

Re: Got Dyno'd.....again.

Originally posted by jayfotos
    OK, after geting my new nose for my SC and a custom air intake fabbed up I noticed a meager dif in performance.

So, I made it a point to run up and get Dyno'd again to make sure my air/fuel was ok(being, giving the engine is getting a hellva lot more air) and what not.

How did you polish the new nose for your supercharger? Did you do it yourself with a dremel or something or have it professionally done? Very nice!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"If its fast and reliable, its not cheap;
    if its fast and cheap, its not reliable;
    if its cheap and reliable, its not fast."

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

It came that way, you see in the pic it goes from the polished nose to the grey paint to the black(originally is was all black)

I like it much better now *bling*

Looks like a whole new nose design from your original.

The difference was not only the polish, but the noise(rattling) was not there like the old nose....That was meager, because it sounded like a diesel engine and was quite annoying.

I've heard it described as a can of BB's being shaked under the hood... so you're saying that the new nose stops that?
    2000 Black VX 105k