Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Italian Air Horn

Thumbs up

Ahhh, what you need is a Kahlenberg horn then. One of these baby's will make traffic come to a screeching halt while everyone waits for the QEII to clear the intersection.

Hear it!

Unfortunately they don't have a linkable picture for one of their, umm, beefier horn assemblies (about 3 feet in length!) but here's a sample: Hear the T4-A!

But if you've got 4 feet to spare somewhere, and don't want to mess around with compressors and air tanks, then this is the uber electric horn:

Hear it!

But if you still want the "big" sound in a more compact package, plus the added benefit of people going "What the ... ???" when looking under the hood, then how about this:

Don't look like much? Listen to it! Still need the compressor for that bad boy. ;eekg;
    Last edited by Joe_Black : 09/14/2004 at 06:04 AM
    Over 20 years of Isuzu enjoyment...

Smile

Joe, that is funny! Now people will really think that the VX is amphibious

2000, Victory White, IronMan edition, #0329
    That 4 foot horn is similar to the kind of sound I am looking for... think it could be camouflaged by the roof rack?

Better yet, I could work the tube into a coil... then mount it in place of the spare tire.

~ ~ ~
    Van Eyes - slightly trimmed, Sylvania SilverStar ULTRA head lamps, Red (port) & green (starboard) 5 LED 'headlight horn' lights, PIAA silicone windshield wipers, K&N Filtercharger (in stock air box), MacNeil WeatherFlectors, Assorted cargo nets from previous vehicles, Optima red-top battery, Transmission Interceptor, 20 LED 'light tower' turn signals & brake lights, 18W PIAA W2 running lights, Trooper skid plates, Black Luverne step bars w/Tone's custom brackets

yes, i agree. the 4 foot electric horn would sound a lot better then the little tricycle sounding stock. too bad it is so big and no place to fit it comfortably under the hood.

i am also looking to change the horn and want a stronger sound to it. the european horn is still a little too high pitched for my taste. guess i will just have to do some more looking around
    If Life is passing you by... DOWNSHIFT!!!!!!!!