Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: GAUGE choices?

Nah, I'm gunna run grey....I like how it runs right up into the headliner color.

So, anyone know a good spot to pick up the Auto Meter CF 2" at a good price?
    Draftsman of the dead

Originally posted by jayfotos

Yep, mine is going to be set up like yours(except, two pods and grey)

Do you know how they did yours and how much did they charge you?

I bought a spare pillar(used $30) and dual pods($10 ebay). The pod will be trimmed down, a cut out on the pillar will be made, pods snug placed in pillar and sealed from behind with a plastic apoxy. Then I think a resin like filler will be spread all over the visable side of the pillar, sanded and paint to match the original pillar color.
    I think the bad thing will be the texture on the original pillar will be lost and will be smooth.....but will still look nice and seamless.
    I did mine, i took my stock pillar and grafted the pods on with fiberglass resin and then marglassed them smooth. Then i sprayed a texture coating to match the stock plastic then i color matched the whole thing. A lot of work but i love it and it totally looks stock. I would guess a shop would charge you around $100 or so to do that but thats just a guess.;Dr;
    Drive it like ya stole it!!!

2002 Axiom XS
    -20" Eco 820s with Goodyears
    -Custom fiberglass system...Rockford, JBL
    -Cutom powerdyne supercharger in the works
    -Cutom functional WRX hood scoop
    -Custom morgan-tec dual exhaust
    -Morgan-tec high flow intake kit

For prices, pics, audio and vid clips of my products please check out www.morgan-tec.com

Originally posted by jayfotos
    Nah, I'm gunna run grey....I like how it runs right up into the headliner color.

So, anyone know a good spot to pick up the Auto Meter CF 2" at a good price?
    Jegs has the best prices i have found and cheap shipping.

Gauges

Hi

While the pillar pod looks OK I don't think anyone has been that adventurous.
    My winter project is to re-mod the whole dashboard, the desire to do this stems from my first job which is a lift and bigger tyres, that creates the problem of my speedo being out.
    I've now found an electronic calibratable speedo and a whole range of matching gauges. This is going to take a while to do but the end effect will be worth it. I intend to make the main portion modular so hopefully if it looks any good it could be used for left hand drive models aswell. I've done a few dash's before on kit cars so I'm pretty confident it will look good.

Oil temp: Anyone fitted an oil cooler?

Col

Question

I was curious if there are any boost gauges made that are more in line with the 4-5 lbs of boost that Alpine's charger produces.

In other words...I really don't want a gauge that shows a swing of say 50 lbs of boost...the needle will hardly move! I thought perhaps a gauge swinging between vaccuum and boost of say 15 lbs????
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"If its fast and reliable, its not cheap;
    if its fast and cheap, its not reliable;
    if its cheap and reliable, its not fast."

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

Originally posted by Jolly Roger VX'er
    I was curious if there are any boost gauges made that are more in line with the 4-5 lbs of boost that Alpine's charger produces.
    They're out there. I was looking around a bit when I had the VX, and I came across a few with a smaller boost interval. I can't remember where they were and who carried them... sorry, but they ARE OUT THERE!!

Question

I am seriously considering adding a few guages. I'm thinking oil, volts, and fuel pressure (is this air/fuel that your reffering too?). I figure I don't need a boost/vac guage since I don't have a supercharger, yet.

I see the senders accompany the Auto Meter guages, what are the best places to install these?

Also, short of fabricating my own, what is the best way to obtain a three pod A-piliar cover?

Thanks!

Originally posted by Jolly Roger VX'er

In other words...I really don't want a gauge that shows a swing of say 50 lbs of boost...the needle will hardly move! I thought perhaps a gauge swinging between vaccuum and boost of say 15 lbs????
    Autometer makes a 15psi boost 15"vacume gauge that wiuld work fine.

see the senders accompany the Auto Meter guages, what are the best places to install these?
    For the oil pressure, there should be a plugged tapped hole near the oil filter.
    I'm told its 10mm but I haven't measured it so I can't be sure.
    2000 Black VX 105k

2001, Silver, Vehicross, Supercharged, 0492, Sold 3/20/2012
    Where can you put an oil TEMP guage sender?
    Can the pan be drilled without removal?
    Thanks, Roy

Originally posted by newthings
    Where can you put an oil TEMP guage sender?
    Can the pan be drilled without removal?
    Thanks, Roy
    It can be but i would not advise it. If you choose to then drain your oil and drill and tap the hole then refill you oil and drain it again to help clean out the shavings.

Lightbulb

It'd be a lot better to get a "T" fitting and put it with the existing pressure sensor where your filter is located. If you'd like to have both oil pressure and temperature gauge senders while retaining the stock sensor (for the annunciator) you could get a simple manifold made at a local machine shop for about $20.
    Over 20 years of Isuzu enjoyment...

OK, ended up with this.

I found these gauges too...don't know if many people will like them but they are available in 3 different colors and are digital in nature.

http://www.rjays.com/Gauges/nord-digital-street-01.htm
    Last edited by Jolly Roger VX'er : 09/19/2004 at 01:40 PM

Jay,

did you find those at your local parts store, or did you have to "piece" it together?

I like the digi guages Jolly.