Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Passenger seat slider extn

Originally posted by Cyrk

Yeah thats where my CD Book sits too

heh
    2000 Black VX 105k

Red face

Still NO paid orders - I’ve sent out 5 paypal payment requests and gotten ZERO responses - what gives?

4" Seat extender

sent your momey.....^^ instruction comes with them right? or just too simple to have one?
    Jkim
    01 black VX
    04 black V40 LSE

Installation "Guide"

Posted this awhile back, the install is very easy. Just so you know, mine have a lower grade bolt then what tone is providing. He is provinding grade 8 which is alot better then what I have and is equivalent to whats in our trucks anyway. I also believe he made his out of thicker, better quality materials. Took me like 15 minutes to "uninstall" mine and it took dutchie like 20 minutes to install his.

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...light=extender
    Last edited by omegavx : 09/25/2004 at 04:49 AM

it took dutchie like 20 minutes to install his
    Yep and I've got two left hands, two right feet and a wandering eye. Serious it's a piece of cake, but I recommend you to put something between the brackets and the seat like small pieces of rubber. The squeeking sound drives me insane sometimes

cool stuff is only one click away
    Last edited by dutchie : 09/25/2004 at 10:01 PM

Patience Tone, needed to check with the boyz to see if they were interested. My order most likely tomorrow.

Hi dutchie,
    You places the seat extenders on the driver side or the passenger side on your Japanese Vx?

Thanks

Ameet
    An angry man is seldom reasonable, a reasonable is seldom angry

Hi Ameetw , long time no speak, how's life over there in your beautiful country?
    To answer your question, the passenger side, so it's easier to get the baby in.....well that was the idea...
    Did I know that you have to put the babyseat rearfaced in the car in the baby's first year..
    Besides that little thing, the rails are a great addition and highly recommendable, except if your passenger is taller than 1.80m or has a body built like a ostrich(loooong legs), cause you lose space up front.

Dutchie

cool stuff is only one click away

Cool

Dutchie,

Out of interest, facing the same problem of getting the youngster into a car seat in the back and then worrying about quick access to the back in the event of an accident, i went the route of contacting the NHTSA (national highway traffic safety administration) for approval to install an airbag disconnect switch.

Once i had approval i ordered an airbag disconnect switch ($199)which is key operated with status indicator lights on and must be installed in the drivers line of sight. Installation was easy just had to crimp new connectors onto the two wires running to the airbag then plug in the disconnect.

My kid now rides up front secured in his child seat safely and legally and its soooo much easier to get him in and out.

Seat extenders are still a great idea for general rear seat access though.

Pete

Hi Pete,

Yeah I'd been thinking about that solution, but it means that the missus has to go in the back
    Sometimes when the baby cries, I just bless the fact that he sits in the back with his rear to me.... , an aboard camera, connected to my indash monitor, helps me to keep an eye on him.

pay-pal request cancelled??

Tone,

I sent you a pay-pal last Friday after I got your pay-pal request.
    today I got your e-mail stating that you cancelled the pay-pal request.
    what's going on? any explaination?
    Last edited by Deathbyarchitect : 09/27/2004 at 10:15 PM

I cancelled several as the requests for payment were instead funded by separate paypal transactions and left those as open, non-responded to requests. I could have let them expire (and you would have gotten an email then too) but needed to clean up the file so I could make sure I took care of everyone by the date they paid. You are on the list.

Thanks

Tone,

Thanks for a very clear explaination.

Tone, you arent going to stop selling these anytime soon are you? I would love to grab some now, but I am set to move this weekend and probably wont be able to order any for at least a few weeks. Really would like to add this to "Tone's List of Mods in My VX", hahaha.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Hiya....

Hi Dutchie.... true...true... long time no speak. How are you and your family? I do hope all is well. As for myself still alive.... . Send my regards to Naoki. Everytime I visit his site, I feel sad.... I WANT IT ALL!!!!! any good lottery numbers???

The only sad part is that for the past 2 months I can't drive the Vx on the road because I tendered a special no. and like always in Malaysia, (Slow) wait.... and it costs a bomb!!!! ah, but at night it's a different story.

Anyway about the seat extenders in your Vx,

Tone said - "$89 is for the set of 2 to do the passenger seat- let me know when paypal clears. I have never tried them on the drivers seat and I believe it is a different bolt pattern."

Basically his passenger side is our driver side. was there any complications or was it lego? Oh yes, did you get the 4" version... Malaysians in general are quite short. The average girl is about 5' 2" and the guys, about 5' 7".

I really don't want to disturb the driver side. I already slide the whole seat all the way to the back.

Hi Tone,
    Do you accept CC? If all goes well, looks like I want a set too.

Thanks all.

Ameet