Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: VX Concepts UPDATE...

Hey Tad, just FYI... the Japanese OEM fender mirror actually points towards the ground to see the curb for parking. I'm sure if Ron (or someone) that produced the mirror from scratch (or something like it) could make it work as an actual rear view mirror.

I just need something for the blind spots. I'm finding myself having trouble moving from the house of glass (trooper) to the huge B-pillar in the VX. Cut off a few people unintentionally yesterday and I think some better rear visibility would help.

Thanks for the info though!
    2000 Black VX 105k

Maugan_VX -

A simple 2" round blind spot mirror on each side view mirror does wonders. It takes a little while to get used to glancing at both the big mirror AND the small one, but you'd be amazed at how it fills in that gap.

Maugan VX - I bought some blind spot mirros at Pep Boys that are actually designed to fit on the mirror mounts of GMC trucks so that they can see up and down better (as oppossed to our problem of side to side). When installed sideways on the outside corner of the mirror glass, they offer a two-fold benefit - you can see the blind spot in the next lane PERFECTLY (I don't even have to turn my head for lane changes anymore!), and you can also see the ground right next to the car, which is a big help when backing out of a parking space with a curb next to it - no more worrying about curbing your tires/wheels. I'll get the part number the next time I'm at Pep Boys and post.
    "If you're not living on the edge --- you're taking up too much space!!"

Hey Ron - an item I'd like to see is a passenger side air bag cover like the VX4. It was silver with the raised ribs like on our doors.

Yeah... not to take away possible parts from Ron, but the stick-on mirrors work wonders. I actually found myself looking for the little stick-on mirrors when driving other autos... you end up using them that much.