Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: SMART Cars coming to USA!!

Nice Carver pics, that's what I had in mind. I can invision a future Los Angeles Skyway on top current freeways for light, single occupant vehicles (and motorcycles) All we need now is a company like Honda to mass produce them to get the price down.
    It's the love child of a Hummer & SLK, uniquely rugged & SLeeK

Of course as you all know the Carver is made in the Netherlands.

Of course as you all know the Carver is made in the Netherlands.
    mmm yeah I noticed the Dutch plate..

"if it ain't Dutch, it ain't much"

On the Carver, , they are saying it goes from 0- 100km/hr ( 62.5 mph) in 8.2 seconds, and has a top speed of 180 km/hr (112.5 mph)

It even has a small seat in back for my dog!!
    "The USA Is Making Enemies Faster Than We Can Kill 'Em!"

DaM BaM BaM, you're going to give me Carver fever with a post like that, It's o.k. since it will be my SECOND vehicle. ( it's nice to dream anyway)

It really is a cool vehicle. I had an idea to do something like that for SUVs a few years ago, using active actuation in combination with laterally-oriented accelerometers to prevent rollovers
    Steve

I was seriously looking into the Carver thing a couple of years ago (still know the website URL off the top of my head), and T-Rex. T-Rex originally cost half what it does now and is almost completely unchanged. The T-Rex is easily the beast of the two (it's a glorified motorcycle and will beat just about anything), but the Carver would be a lot more practical and I think it is still the cooler vehicle.

There are four second (0-62) three wheel one or two place vehicles out there. Yeah, the T-Rex, (got famous on the TV) but pick up a "Kit Car" magazine.(Primedia publications) The Scorpion, the Indycycle and 19 others.... One doner bike...some wrenches, and just a little time..... you're flying like a fighter pilot. Easy stuff,no kiddin'. I'm sure they have a web site.............................................. .................................................. ................................Chopper,uhhh Ruxpin

Kits don't keep any resell value compared to a full time production company. And if anyone really needs a clue, I think high gas prices are here to stay. (please no -right wing political response,... please!!!!) These vehicles, along with the hybrids and cells are the future for routine town travel, I think. And will keep a good resell value. Like all vehicles,.. I advise buying used, rather than new. And it will be awhile until these vehicles show up as such.

I was wondering (the other day) why quads haven't made it to the streets yet? I mean, if you can ride a motorcycle, 2 wheels and no cage, on the street, why hasn't someone made a street-bound quad?

I like the Peugeot... it's pretty cool looking. I would think it would give better stability on roads than a bike, even though I feel pretty safe on mine, 4 wheels is more stable.