Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Titanium Rings

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car
    Originally posted by VX crazy
    Uh, because I already had it in a necklace, but dont wear bling bling....leather choker collars are it for me!

I have some old riding crops and spurs.. ;eekr;
    Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com

uhg... touchy subject rings.. for me..

had to sell the boat to get one for my girl.
    2000 Black VX 105k

VX Man, its kind of funny how people that have VX's share very similar tastes. Yep 2nd time around is pretty scary. But I found (she actually found me) the perfect woman (dead ringer for Kim Bassinger). So things are definalty looking up.

Thanks to all, everyone here has always been so helpful, even when it dosnt come to our cars.

Tyler

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone

Really its because it will always be a reminder of the ex husband, and that is a closed chapter in my life. He is engaged to woman now and I tried to sell him the set, she never saw it and would not have known and he would have gotten a great deal!! He did not like that idea......
    Ask forgiveness, not permission.

Originally posted by Tyler
    ...(dead ringer for Kim Bassinger)...
    Eh, do post pics if you have any, you know, if you wanna and all.

Speaking of Rings....

......... FRODO HAS FAILED!!!

(* intended for humor only. Obviously this president is a true genius of the highest order, with abilities and perception skills far, far, above all mortal men.)
    "The USA Is Making Enemies Faster Than We Can Kill 'Em!"

Why wear them?

Originally posted by Rickster
    Check out EBay, I bought one to wear at the shop, to save my real wedding band from getting destroyed.

Rickster
    Why wear one at work?

I get flamed all the time from woman and men except for my wife. People can wear rings all they want to show that they are married. But it will not stop a divorce nor an affair or demonstrate more love to your SO. It's the Heart and bond between two people that counts.

Back to the topic. The only experience with Titanium was on my race bike. They are sturdy and will last a long time. They are just as scratch resistant as any other material but like all metals if abused they will have scratches and pits. My opinion is to go for the least costly.

If anything Platinum will get you more than titanium if you decide to pawn,sell it, or trade it some day. (Wishing that it doesn't happen to you. Divorce that is)

Now some people I know will go easy on the cost of the ring. If the marriage lasts for more than 10 years then they go to the bank. The ones less fortunate say that they wish they would have done that because in less than 5 years they are stuck with the bill and the ex with the ring Does it sound bad? I see it like a prenumpt but that is another topic.

Congratulations on making the move. I wish you a prosperous marriage. I will be going to a wedding this weekend. Fun to be the best man
    Assimilate this .........

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone

Re: Why wear them?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by azskyrider
    [B]Why wear one at work?

I get flamed all the time from woman and men except for my wife. People can wear rings all they want to show that they are married. But it will not stop a divorce nor an affair or demonstrate more love to your SO. It's the Heart and bond between two people that counts.

Right on, I have to agree azskyrider! Rings and paper really mean nothing other than fantasy security! In fact many people like the challange of tempting a married person.

Thumbs up

I have Titianium ring w/Platiunum braid type pattern through the center. I love it it is very durable climbed Waterfalls jumped of waterfalls(kinda fell off one in costa rica) it has survived road rash, not to mention a couple bar brawls and no bending or deep guoges a little surface scratches that buffed out with a dremel tool and polishing compound. I got mine at Titianiumera.com.

Re: Re: Why wear them?

Right on, I have to agree azskyrider! Rings and paper really mean nothing other than fantasy security! In fact many people like the challange of tempting a married person.
    Exactly, I don't get hit on (could be my looks ) any more often than when I was single.

Trust, Honesty, Respect, and constant communication are more important IMHO. If you keep those items in check then the rest should be easier sailing.

I was going to throw Money in the list as debt can be marriage stressor and a breaker. But to each their own.

Well, diamonds aren't more scarce than sapphires or rubies, so why are they more expensive? I mean, you could probably drive a beat-up POS that will get you to work and even possibly be able to rock climb and all, so why buy the VX? Why have toys at all? Why not just buy the cheapest of everything, just to get by, and be happy with it?

I agree, a ring doesn't make the marrige... my wife and I were together 6 years before we got married. We don't really consider ourselves any "more" married than before we signed the paper, and the rings don't make us any "more" married either, but so what? We wear them because we want to. My wife likes her big, fat diamond engagement ring, and so do I. If it makes her happy then I'm happy. If she wants to wear rings, I'm ok with it. Our "bond" isn't going to be affected by it one way or another, but I don't have much of a problem with people wanting to wear them.

Talk about marriage, our Cyrk got hitched this last weekend.

I wonder if the VX went on the honeymoon...;pr;

Congrats Cyrk! Hey Anita, talking about getting married, do you need a ring????

And Dallas4u, I agree, I have no problems either way with the ring thing, its just my personal preference, some people are more romantic and sweet than others, so all situations and relationships are different, and I guess personally I would rather have some cool memories of great vacations, or experiences rather than a big expensive wedding or a ring. Unless the guy has too much $$$$, I would have no problem having it all either. ;Dp;

Post I have one....

I bought it in Innsbruck, Austria. Really cool ring. I'd say it get scuffed more then scratched....

I'm a total gear head and have more titanium on my streetbike then should be allowed so when I saw titanium ring I jumped all over it. It was custom made and they can size it but only of they have the machine/tool.

Good luck and congrats on getting hitched...
    face the mirror

Congrats Cyrk! Hey Anita, talking about getting married, do you need a ring????

Nah, my financee :grinr: gave me a dream of a ring.
    G. Ruth
    Last edited by Anita : 10/21/2004 at 01:35 PM