Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Titanium Rings

Titanium Rings

I've got a question maybe my fellow VX'ers can help me with that dosn't concern our cars (sigh). Does anyone out there have experience with titanium rings? I'm going to take the plunge (again) and have been ring shopping. Like our cars I'm not into "normal" everyday items. The type of wedding rings that I've found are made from titanium and are as unique as my girl. Unfortuanlty the sales people are not real familiar with these and when asked how the finish holds up compaired to platinum they pull out a book and puke out what the mfg has written (meaning they have no idea). Anyone out there have 2 cents to throw in?

Thanks,
    Tyler

The only problem with titanium is that it scratches easily.

Check out EBay, I bought one to wear at the shop, to save my real wedding band from getting destroyed.

Rickster

if you aren't certain about the titanium rings, i would say have a normal gold or platinum ring made for you. I had my wedding rings, hers and mine, custom made at a nice jewelers in Lexington Kentucky. She wanted a square knot for the design so they fabbed it up and made it look darn good. We both love them and it was not all that more expensive, only like 300 bucks for the initial designing and mold making. And, of course now we have rings that came outta my head and are unique to us. Just a thought.
    Ryan Christiansen

Trooper Skid Plates, OME 912's, Stric9 Sliders, Load Warrior with extension, Apline sub in rear door, Apline front speakers, Alpine head unit, Definity Dakota MT 285/75 R16, Aussie Lockers Front and Rear, 4.77 gears and Warn Manual Hubs.http://picasaweb.google.com/RyanVehiX

Don't know about rings, but I can tell you what I know about titanium from bike frames. Titanium is a very durable material and light in weight. As far as scratching...it is a LOT harder material than gold or silver which should make it more scratch resistant. It does not tarnish and with regular cleanings should stand the test of time and look great!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

titanium

titanium cannot be resized properly... but if you aren't worried about that,,, go for it.
    macintosh man

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone
    I would go with Platinum, Titanium is cool but scratches too easily and can not be resized.

BTW any guys out there that are looking to get engaged and married, I have a beautiful pear diamond solitare in platinum with a platinum anniversary band with princess cut diamonds, great deal and beautiful ring that I only wore for about 1 1/2yr before getting divorced.
    Ask forgiveness, not permission.

I can tell you a little about platinum, from experience. My wife suprised me with a platinum and diamond wedding ring on our wedding day, at the ceremony. As much as I love it (yes... I love diamonds!! Mmmmm... diamonds! I need more!!) and platinum, don't get me wrong, when it scratches, it is hard to buff out. I have had my ring cleaned and buffed many times and it is permenantly dinged, scratched, and chipped. Platinum is harder than gold, but is also harder to make pretty again. I believe it also has a resizing problem because it isn't as malable as gold.

That being said, I love to wear my platinum and diamond wedding ring... it makes me feel pretty. At work, though, I wear a plain white gold band that I'm not afraid to scratch. I remember seeing the titanium rings at a couple jewelers, but no one tried to talk us into buying them. As cool as they seem, and the price is great compared to the precious metals, do a bit more research on it before buying them. I'm not trying to tell you NOT to do it, but look on the net and see what others are saying.

Oh, and congrats!

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone
    Oh yeah, forgot to say congrats too! 2nd time around must be kinda scary......;eekp;

Hey Tyler, if you want something different, check out these rings!
    http://treasurering.com/
    Yes, they are costly, but like you, I wanted something really different, as my wife is PRICELESS to me. I went for the 'Big Kahuna' a got the Empress. I came up with a nice inscriptions and then had that written in Italian, as my wife is Italian. It is something really special, just between us!
    Good luck.

Dave...
    Always a kid at heart!

VXMAN, that is cool, great idea and better than the regular boring stuff!

Sweet.....:grinr:

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car
    Originally posted by VX crazy
    I have a beautiful pear diamond solitare in platinum with a platinum anniversary band with princess cut diamonds, great deal and beautiful ring that I only wore for about 1 1/2yr before getting divorced.
    Girl, what are you doing trying to unload diamonds? Keep it!
    One day you can put that pear diamond into something else. NEVER get rid of your bling-bling. ;Dr;

Dave, that is a really unique and thoughtful purchase for your lady!
    Last edited by Anita : 10/21/2004 at 09:42 AM
    Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com

Uh, because I already had it in a necklace, but dont wear bling bling....leather choker collars are it for me!

Originally posted by VX crazy
    Uh, because I already had it in a necklace, but dont wear bling bling....leather choker collars are it for me!
    ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg;

Originally posted by Triathlete
    ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg; ;eekg;
    Well Said

Dave...

BTW, Triathlete, check your PM inbox!