Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sticker Shock!

Re: A Vehicross Resale Value Plan

we could decide the election by having George Bush and John Kerry race VXs around the White House three times on national TV. ;Dp;
    Wouldn't work. Kerry would change directions half-way through the race, then claim disenfranchisement.

But, in regards to the topic, I agree. I bought mine for $14k & dont plan on any "devaluation" whatsoever.

Wouldn't work. Kerry would change directions half-way through the race, then claim disenfranchisement.
    And Bush'll probably cheat...

And Bush'll probably cheat...

GW - "He can run, but he cannot hide ... He-He-He"

Definitely don't go by Edmonds or Kelly BB, those DOPES price the VX as if it were some ORDINARY vehicle like a Rav 4 or Sante Fe The other day as I was pulling out of my driveway I noticed a man & woman walking on the other side of the street, the woman gave the man a JAB with her elbow to his arm (as if to say check it out )and then they both looked my way, we all continue to have experiences like that, I doubt if even a Hummer STILL gets that attention, so as for value I say PRICELESS.
    It's the love child of a Hummer & SLK, uniquely rugged & SLeeK

Unhappy Different experience

I've never had anyone look at the VX that I noticed.

The funny thing is nobody has paid any attention to the Vehicross at all. I don't notice any stares. My wife said she saw someone looking at it in a parking lot once with a puzzled expression.

In 1989 when I bought my Amigo I was asked hundreds of questions and everywhere I went people stared at it. I guess these days people have become sort of used to unusual vehicles.

I get lots of young guys hammering me with questions whenever I drive my wife's beatup Mitsubishi VR4 however. "How fast is it? Can it really do 160 mph? Can you tell the rear wheels steer? How's the AWD in the snow? Can I see the engine ; PLEEEEZE! Wow, twin turbos!"

I told the last guy, an auto parts store employee who nearly *blanked* in his pants as he rushed out into the parking lot to see the old VR4 (with dings and a faded paint-job) that I also had a Vehicross.

"Oh that's just a Geo Tracker with a different body - right?" he said as he salivated all over the 3000 GTs engine.

Go figure.

P.S. I found a news group article from '99 the other day. Some butt-head described the soon to be released VX as a "funny looking Trooper".

So many people just don't get it.

Everytime I stop for gas , I get thumbs up or the question: "what is it?"
    This actually happens so much , that it's hard to be polite all the time, especially if I'm in a hurry.

My place of employment has an aging workforce....at 38 years of age I am rather young when compared to the average worker (47-55) there....my experience seems to be that the VX is popular amongst the younger crowd in that most people I work with don't give it a second glance. But, If I drive it in Edinboro, PA which is a college town (Edinboro Univ.) I get stared at so much that sometimes its unnerving! If I park at a restaurant there, it'll draw attention! The first year I owned it I entered it in two different car shows and even there the demographic of interest went to mainly high school kids and college age folk. The older people would walk right on by....with the exception of one retired couple that couldn't seem to get enough of it...lol.

And that was when it was totally stock with no mods!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"If its fast and reliable, its not cheap;
    if its fast and cheap, its not reliable;
    if its cheap and reliable, its not fast."

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

So Jimbo, if you ever wanna be rid of the VR4 I could use a car for rental at my rallycross events.
    Over 20 years of Isuzu enjoyment...

Joe- Whenever we get the VX paid off we're gonna get rid of the VR4, but I'm gonna be patient (while selling it) and try to get as much $ as possible out of it.

We'll need the bucks. The wife really wants an FX35 or FX45.

You rent cars at Rallycross events?
    Last edited by jimbo : 10/24/2004 at 05:01 PM

By the way, if you ever want to be reassured you have a totally cool, rare, and irreplaceable vehicle ... just take a look at your insurance bill the next time it comes!

Perfectly clean record here, no tickets or accidents, and insurance is almost as high as the damn payments. As the lady at one insurance company I went to (it shall remain nameless .. cough SF cough .. ) said, they have no statistical information on the VX, how much damage it causes or how much it costs to replace. And apparently, insurance companies have a morbid fear of the unknown.

Buying car insurance is like bending over to pick up the soap in a penitentiary.

You wish you didn't have to do it, you know it's gonna hurt and you'll probably not be able to sit down for a week.