Thread: Pilgrim buys VX for wife

Pilgrim buys VX for wife

Hello guys....it took me the better part of a day to get to this valuable site. Dam....and I wish I had been here for a few months prior to my wife wanting this VX that we're picking up tonite.

Just for now 2 key questions and I'll be writing back tomorrow I'm sure after we pick it up tonite. VX has 100K exactly on it, the guy says he met every service to the book...says a friend did the timing belt.

Any quick way to check that belt without a big ta-do? Is the motor an interference motor? And how about adjustment of the valves. The motor sounded good to me...but a bit valvy....but I don't have any experience with these VXs....dam.....

Welcome aboard! You could remove the black plastic timing belt covers on the front of the engine and take a peak but it is pretty tight. It is a non-interference motor so nothing will get trashed if it breaks. Valve adjustment is nothing special but messy of course.

The wife must have excellent taste.

Welcome.

Solid or mechanical lifters?

Sorry, I can't find anything on line as far as info on this motor. If power and everything else seems good (I thought the thing had plenty of getup....and you don't hear anything too messy then should you be alright? What's recommended valve adjust intervals?

I'm here to stay. This seems like a great group. I'm normally on SCCOA supercoupe site....die hard drag racing fans there who spend mucho bucks to go fast.

She has always thought the VX was beautiful...

Been talking about it for years now. We had a deal. I said the first time you can get one decent for under 10K, then we'll talk. At the time I couldn't get anything for under maybe 15.

Well she held me to the deal and we're going tonite. I should have prepared for this in advance....but the guy is very believable...the car looks like new....I'll tell you more about all this later....we gotta go soon.

But taste wise...I said....well honey....now I can understand why you thought I was handsome when we got married#@!@#@!

She's happier than a pig in sh@@ cause she got the truck of her dreams. I know she'll never part with it.