Sorry back on topic ...
I have experience with turbo and supercharged cars mostly doing mods. I've gotten big gains on my Shelby Daytona with removal of cat, 2 1/2 back exhaust, and cold air intake. Same basic equation with the thunderbird SCs I have. Not sure how easy it is to get at VX cat and work in a bypass.

I do not know this truck yet and may mess with it when my wife isn't looking, but I can support these conclusions so far:

1. 5-10hp, especially at the wheels is feelable and pleasureable.
2. 0-60 runs of mid 7s is a worthy goal and good to take on many other trucks at the light, leading to further pleasure.
3. Do anything you can to get straight COLD airflow through the front of the vehicle directly into the intake. With a good design of ram air, you will be turning your panel filter effectively into a less restrictive cone filter, or if using a cone filter, making it incrementally better. If you look at store bought ram air designs for vettes or other cars, you see there isn't that much surface area involved, yet consistent reported gains are documented for these "cold air" or "ram air" systems. For instance, one 4" round to the front of the vehicle should be more than enough. You should convince yourself you can craft one of these using home depot stuff and duck tape.
4. I've seen MANY a car modified with cone filters and expensive new intake mods yet not surrounding the air intake by airboxes or heat shields. This usually results in a wash or LOSS of hp gain because greater underhood temperatures negate the effect.