Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone own a WRX STi?

Anyone own a WRX STi?

I have been eyeing the Subaru WRX Sti and wondered if any other VX'rs have one?

What are your impressions?
    Pros and cons?
    Anthony

I do not own one but i have worked on a few. I like them, very fun to drive, fast, and easy to hop up. With a few bolt ons you can really get some hp out of them. I am talkin liek 400+hp at the tires. If i was in the market for a car like that i would definatly go for the WRX over say the EVO. Just me 2 cents.
    Drive it like ya stole it!!!

2002 Axiom XS
    -20" Eco 820s with Goodyears
    -Custom fiberglass system...Rockford, JBL
    -Cutom powerdyne supercharger in the works
    -Cutom functional WRX hood scoop
    -Custom morgan-tec dual exhaust
    -Morgan-tec high flow intake kit

For prices, pics, audio and vid clips of my products please check out www.morgan-tec.com

when i was shopin for a car a year back i was lookin at a sti/evo, test drove both of them. i would have bought one if i didnt love the vx since 99. like morgan-tec said the car is fast and fun to drive. i personally like teh sti over the evo cause it had more power and torque. but the new evo mr is about to hit the dealerships later this year or next, just like a regular evo, but lighter with an aulmi roof and i think with a more aggressive suspensio set up, estimated retail price for 36k.

oh yea a little fyi...the sti in america and the sti in japan have different engines, americans get the ej25 and the japanese get the ej20, because of something about the japanese wanted it to have the same engine as the rally car, which is the same motor as a reg wrx.
    ________
    How to roll a blunt
    Last edited by MZ-N10 : 09/05/2011 at 03:41 PM

My youngest son has one. Fastest little car I ever been in. Would give my new police crusier a run for it's money.
    ________
    Uggs
    Last edited by geshaw30 : 03/30/2011 at 07:12 PM

Everything you need to know about Subaru.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/archive/index.php/

Bob F
    Neither ordinary or extraordinary, just indefatigable.

2000 VX Green Dragon- Chick Demagnitizer-Supercharger-Injen Intake- Cold air box-K&N- Power Vault SS Exhaust-265-75-16 BFG MT kms-On Board CO2- Custom Boulder Bars- Custom Skid plates- PIAA 520 Fog Lites-3inch lift with OME 912 Springs-LINE X Bedliner on Cladding & Hood Insert-ARB Front Lockers & Custom Bull Bar. Vintage Offenhauser Hood scoop Thule Rack. XM Radio-Custom Storage Box-First VX to surmount the RUBICON.Thanks Sierra Stompers

Love the performance figures, but I could never coax myself into buying and driving something that ugly.
    Steve

Originally posted by transio
    ...but I could never coax myself into buying and driving something that ugly.
    Funny. I've actually heard that form someone talking about the VX, too. Designs that run astray from the norm always cause emotion, one way or another. I love the Impreza WRX/STi. For all it has and doesn't have it doesn't try or claim to be anything more.

check the sport wagon box--- WRX performance, den mother stealth ...a very good thing

Subaru WRX Sti

ZOOM, ZOOM, ZOOM
    "The USA Is Making Enemies Faster Than We Can Kill 'Em!"

After reading several sites about the STi, i think i will keep my eyes open for a good deal on a used one. 300hp stock and 350-400 within reach for another 2k in parts i cant pass that up

Thumbs up

Running the rallycross down here just exposes me to all sorts of Scooby action and the STi is rather impressive. As for looks though, I've always been partial to the earlier bug-eye WRX. The STi is a much different vehicle than the original WRX. Heavier at over 3000 lbs. and a lot more powerful. If you want bargain performance take a look at the 2-door RS. They can be had for a very reasonable price ($4K -$6K) and you can stuff all the same performance suspension and drivetrain bits in there as well.
    Over 20 years of Isuzu enjoyment...

Nope, but my ex g/f has one. I ran the crap out of it. It even scared me, haha. It drove VERY solid, felt very safe, and really felt like a reliable automobile.

Problems? Well, interior was deathly ugly. Patterned cloth seats were hideous.

No radio installed in STi. Your favorite tunes better sound like engine and road noise.

The oversized wing/bookshelf on the back is completely worthless for a production vehicle. I think the WRXs look much nicer without this trunk spoiler anyways.

Engine noise is rather annoying. For a tiny car and such a beefy engine, the whining of the power will eventually drive you insane. (install a stereo!)

Anyways, it was still nice enough that I would get one, had I the loot. And think about it.... it's a 4 door! It's sporty and beefy and can still make a family man happy.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

made this family man very happy---problem was it made the wife and kids dump their lunches. Not a vehicle that encourages responsible motoring(and precious little is needed to encourage me to drive in an irresponsible manner) Even the stupid dog puked Extra points for power slides in the elementary school bus circle at drop off time in the morning.

It is extremely potent and versatile. I am planning to get one sometime. Want more reading? www.imprezawrxsti.com

49 of those cars for sale at the link below.

Need help shipping?

http://www.mobile.de/cgi-bin/searchP...1100&sprache=1
    (press marke, click subaru, fill in wrx sti under model and press suche starten)
    Last edited by thedutchguy : 11/02/2004 at 01:29 PM