Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Kerry has conceded

Talking

The US was at one of it's lowest points since the great depression - while one of the most intelligent presidents in our history was at the helm.
    It wasn't all Jimmy's fault, it was the 70s, post-watergate and all.

Geeez - wearing polyester and four inch heels was considered cool. What hope did the presidency have?

I like Jimmy, he lusted in his heart. (remember that one)

Success in the war against terrorism will largely depend on our ability to eliminate or reduce the financial stability of the terrorist organizations .........
    now who is better qualified to do this than G W Bush ?
    (adapted from a Jay Leno joke)
    StormTrooper - Jimbo and I will always be 'tight' ..........
    PA Firefox Red VX owners pull together !

PA Firefox Red VX owners pull together
    Yeah together we make up a full 1% of all Foxfires ever made. ;pp;

Wink

Somebody call Guiness, I think we're getting close to the record here.

Somebody needs to drop in and say something inflamatory so we can ramp it back up.
    Last edited by jimbo : 11/10/2004 at 03:58 PM

..... yes - it appears that way ..........
    Jimmy did inherit a mess .........
    and I don't mean the one left on the tarmac by his brother after a few brews ..........

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    O.K. I'll take one for the team..."something inflamatory"

Oh yeah, I didn't like Mr. Peanut either!

Don't say I never did nothin fer ya,Ldub

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car
    ah.. the fond days of gas rationing.. are you even or odd?? ;Dr; ;Dr; ;Dr; ;Dr; ;Dr;

(sorry, couldnt resist)
    Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com

I guess I'm odd .... aren't I? ;Dp;

I'm not sure I remember rationing ... I remember really, really long lines.

8 tracks, pet rocks and the BeeGees.

----------------------------------------------------

"President Bush was really sweating this election. He knew if he didn't win Kerry would send him to Iraq to finish out his National Guard service." --Jay Leno
    Last edited by jimbo : 11/10/2004 at 05:42 PM

'01 EBONY 1330 r.i.p. now '01 PROTON 0987
    Originally posted by t2p
    The US basically did little to combat terrorism ..... for 20 plus years - and then paid the price. Bush did something about it.
    Yeah, he attacked a country that had nothing to do with the terrorist act that occurred here.

How quickly we forget about the "ignored" warnings of the attack, the reports of rumsfeld hounding the intel agencies to produce ("fabricate") reasons to attack Iraq,
    The presidents own efforts (yellowcake) to (successfully)dupe Americans into believing Saddam was behind 911.

What kind of religious morality can you attribute to a Pres and v.p. who never saw a day of combat duty and yet were foaming at the mouth to send our boys and, ahem ..."HERO" ...girls [not like Jessica Lynch (they really blew that one)] to their death in the name of corporate profits and revenge for the "hit" that Saddam attempted on Bush senior.

"Dumbya" just strikes me as a smarmy, arrogant rich kid whose old man, among others, are really pulling the strings

It's being said that Saddam may get off the hook now, due to underwhelming evidence and lost evidence of terrorist activities.
    Last edited by SGT.BATGUANO : 11/11/2004 at 12:20 AM

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

:homer: mmmmmmm 8 tracks :homer:

Unhappy The Chicken Hawks and Iraq

People have been calling the guys in the white house the "chicken hawks" because they all dodged the draft when they had the chance to serve in combat, yet they seem so eager to send kids today into harms way in an equally morally questionable, possibly unwinable, war/police-action.

Just replace the term "communism" with "terrorism" and it seems many of the old arguments from the 60s resurface again.

I just keep hoping the two wars only "look" similar. In vietnam we found ourselves trying to keep a country divided that for the most part the citizens wanted to be united.

Now we are trying to keep a country united (under the banner of democracy) that seems for the most part to want to be divided.

What if the majority of people just want to vote themselves into a theocracy (a religious dictatorship)? Can we allow this to happen?

Are we going to try to setup the rules of the election (districting etc.) so that this won't happen? If we're successful in installing a more secular leader will he be accepted by the religious majority?

What will the cost of all this be to the USA? Usama said in his last message that his plan is to bankrupt the United States. While this seems like a desperate hope of a desperate man is there not a true danger of fiscal problems resulting from the war in Iraq?

mmmmmmm 8 tracks
    For years I would anticipate a fadeout where the track was going to switch on my Pink Floyd albums for example.

It was weird listening to a cd and having no fade in the middle of "shine on you crazy diamond".

For the Bush administration to accept the real democratic desires of the people in Iraq, the USA would be forced to forever to leave Iraq, without first installing a USA puppet government in place, and secondly, without leaving large, fulltime USA military bases in Iraq,... would mean yet another, 'complete failure,' for this Bush administration.

Under the guise of "terrorist threat", the goal of the Bush Administration has always been to secure, militarily (and hopefully ideologically), the geographic center of the world's known oil reserves, ( including Saudi Arabia and its other oil producing neighbors), as all of the other world powers rise to an economic standard of living where auto use, and oil consumption begin to rival the USA's own, ever growing needs for an endless supply of oil.

Everyone in the world, except for a few fundamental, 'blinded by faith' republicans in the USA, completely understand that the Bush administration and it's big corporations, see that the world has become controlled by four, fairly equal, and very oil hungry geo/economic areas:

1. The enormous economic power of a more unified Europe (and eventually Russia), and it's own powerful world corporations, (including 'British Petroleum', the world's largest oil company)
    2. The emerging world giant of China (already the world's leader in oil consumption and oil imports), and the rest of the Orient, including the huge Japanese corporations,
    3. India, and it's flood of technically educated youth, and enormous consumer hungry populations,
    4. The USA, the PAST leader of liberal thought, education, & research technology, which is sadly fading into an isolated, non secular, intellectual Dark Age, that will leave it's masses without the economic earnings of the past, as the ruling Administration helps it's large USA corporations move most of their employee/labor based functions, overseas to maximize corporate profits, which will benefit the corporations' owners only.

It is from this point of securing oil reserves, that the the USA has made the invasion of Iraq. And if the Bush Administration is forced by the Iraqi will, to exit Iraq without securing their very long term goals, the whole illegal and murderous Iraqi adventure will always been seen by the world, as the USA's greatest imperialist failure.

(and remember, that until the USA PROMISES to the world that the USA will leave completely, other world powers will NOT assist the USA efforts. To do so, would obviously be against their own future economic oil interests.)
    Last edited by BaM*BaM : 11/11/2004 at 09:08 AM
    "The USA Is Making Enemies Faster Than We Can Kill 'Em!"

Originally posted by BaM*BaM

4. The USA, the PAST leader of liberal thought, education, & research technology, which is sadly fading into an isolated, non secular, intellectual Dark Age, that will leave it's masses without the economic earnings of the past, as the ruling Administration helps it's large USA corporations move most of their employee/labor based functions, overseas to maximize corporate profits, which will benefit the corporations' owners only.

It is from this point of securing oil reserves, that the the USA has made the invasion of Iraq. And if the Bush Administration is forced by the Iraqi will, to exit Iraq without securing their very long term goals, the whole illegal and murderous Iraqi adventure will always been seen by the world, as the USA's greatest imperialist failure.

How very sad when hysterical rhetoric and political diatribe as espoused by some far left intellectual derelicts are substituted for reason. It appears that BAM*BAM might be a pseudonymous substitute for Michael Moore another loser.

Oh by the way. VICTORY- VICTORY- VICTORY

Bob F
    Neither ordinary or extraordinary, just indefatigable.

2000 VX Green Dragon- Chick Demagnitizer-Supercharger-Injen Intake- Cold air box-K&N- Power Vault SS Exhaust-265-75-16 BFG MT kms-On Board CO2- Custom Boulder Bars- Custom Skid plates- PIAA 520 Fog Lites-3inch lift with OME 912 Springs-LINE X Bedliner on Cladding & Hood Insert-ARB Front Lockers & Custom Bull Bar. Vintage Offenhauser Hood scoop Thule Rack. XM Radio-Custom Storage Box-First VX to surmount the RUBICON.Thanks Sierra Stompers

Chick Demagnitizer
    Mr. Green Dragon : Where do I get me one of these?