Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Kerry has conceded

Oh no . we don't want any poor or even moderate Presidents .....
    look how embarrassing it was when the Clintons took just about everything they could get their hands on when they vacated .......
    speaking of the economy and wars .... despite all the programs ... moves ....... etc ....... by FDR, many feel it was the war that lifted the US economy .......... way back when ........

Masssachusetts voted for Kerry to get him out of the state, only reason....

Jon

Anyone see this (posted on CNN a little while ago):

(CNN) -- The Arabic-language network Al-Jazeera released a full transcript Monday of the most recent videotape from Osama bin Laden in which the head of al Qaeda said his group's goal is to force America into bankruptcy.

Al-Jazeera aired portions of the videotape Friday but released the full transcript of the entire tape on its Web site Monday.
    "We are continuing this policy in bleeding America to the point of bankruptcy. Allah willing, and nothing is too great for Allah," bin Laden said in the transcript.

He said the mujahedeen fighters did the same thing to the Soviet Union in Afghanistan in the 1980s, "using guerrilla warfare and the war of attrition to fight tyrannical superpowers."
    "We, alongside the mujahedeen, bled Russia for 10 years until it went bankrupt and was forced to withdraw in defeat," bin Laden said.

He also said al Qaeda has found it "easy for us to provoke and bait this administration."

"All that we have to do is to send two mujahedeen to the furthest point east to raise a piece of cloth on which is written al Qaeda, in order to make generals race there to cause America to suffer human, economic and political losses without their achieving anything of note other than some benefits for their private corporations," bin Laden said.

Al-Jazeera executives said they decided to post the entire speech because rumors were circulating that the network omitted parts that "had direct threats toward specific states, which was totally untrue."

"We chose the most newsworthy parts of the address and aired them. The rest was used in lower thirds in graphics format," said one official.

U.S. intelligence officials Monday confirmed that the transcript made public Monday by Al-Jazeera was a complete one.
    As part of the "bleed-until-bankruptcy plan," bin Laden cited a British estimate that it cost al Qaeda about $500,000 to carry out the attacks of September 11, 2001, an amount that he said paled in comparison with the costs incurred by the United States.
    "Every dollar of al Qaeda defeated a million dollars, by the permission of Allah, besides the loss of a huge number of jobs," he said. "As for the economic deficit, it has reached record astronomical numbers estimated to total more than a trillion dollars.

The total U.S. national debt is more than $7 trillion. The U.S. federal deficit was $413 billion in 2004, according to the Treasury Department.

"It is true that this shows that al Qaeda has gained, but on the other hand it shows that the Bush administration has also gained, something that anyone who looks at the size of the contracts acquired by the shady Bush administration-linked mega-corporations, like Halliburton and its kind, will be convinced.
    "And it all shows that the real loser is you," he said. "It is the American people and their economy."

As for President Bush's Iraq policy, Bin Laden said, "the darkness of black gold blurred his vision and insight, and he gave priority to private interests over the public interests of America.
    "So the war went ahead, the death toll rose, the American economy bled, and Bush became embroiled in the swamps of Iraq that threaten his future," bin Laden said.

U.S. government officials said Friday that the tape appeared to be authentic and recently made. It was the first videotaped message from the al Qaeda leader in nearly three years.

I think there is one thing you all keep forgetting in heat of recent political turmoils. It's the global picture of U.S.

There is a reason why this country is an envy object of almost everyone else in the world. There is a reason 9/11 happened. There is a reason why none of you actually saw tanks on the streets and your own millitary shooting workers on strike. There is a reason why this country has such strict immigration laws and still can't handle illigal immigration.

Two political parties. Just think about. Have you ever seen a country having fifty different parties, everyone of them pulling their way and every week trying to take down someone from political pedestal. I have. Talk about mess and division...

I've also lived in a country where election and free speech were forbidden. I admit, I didn't vote yesterday - I have no rights yet. But I am amazed more and more every day. Two towers got taken down - half of the country require psychiatric assistance.

Don't make a victim of your president. Who knows, if we had a democrat at the time, maybe he would've reacted the same exact way. This way or another our country would've taken this hit. Every so often something happens - Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm. It was all peachy and now not everyone can afford to dine out every night. So f***ing what? Suck it up and let the man finish his job. If he had no support, the other guy would've gotten his 270. But he didn't. Let your president finish the job. This country will be what it is in four years, then for sure we'll know if change is needed. But right now follow the other guy's example - don't turn this into a farse. We already learned so much, and much is still to be fixed. It's turning around, but it needs damn time to settle. You don't have to love the guy, but there is no reason to wipe your a** with his name either.

Edit: don't get me wrong, just so it happened my post had fallen under Dalllas'. It wasn't intented that way, but... lets face it, the true enemy is not in our own garden.
    Last edited by yal^ : 11/03/2004 at 03:05 PM
    My Other Ride Is a Puma
    www.mwior.com

I thought this was kinda funny... just to break the tension here

Thumbs up Truth

MrCrowley,
    Sorry to say, but you speak the truth.

Sometimes the truth hurts.

For America's sake, I really pray Bush does MUCH better job the next time around.

Peace.
    Tom
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

Originally posted by MrCrowley

The people didn't speak. 50% said no....

Actually, Mr Bush was the first candidate to win in excess of 50% of the POPULAR vote since 1988 - so it seems to me we're always a country of varying opinions, and I for one think that is a good thing. Osama sounded quite a bit like a Democrat last week on his tape that was released (if it was really him - my money says he's dead), even using several things from recent Kerry speeches. There must be reason that a terroist who killed 3000 innocent Americans wants Bush out of office? Whatever that reason is - it's one more STRONG reason I want Bush in office!

The real point is - the election is over, Bush won. We need to support our President and our country now more than ever with what is going on. A guy gave me his opinion today that he thought W would go down in history as one of the great American Presidents. Now, I'm a Bush fan - but I thought that was pushing it a little, so I asked him why he thought that. He said - think about it, if under Bush we suceed in getting Democratic rule in the Middle East countries, that would be at least as great an accomplishment as getting Russia to abandon communism.......interesting....time will tell.

Originally posted by Raque Thomas
    Osama sounded quite a bit like a Democrat last week on his tape that was released
    Wow... that ain't very cool. I see what you're trying to say, but you didn't need to compare the two.

The next thing for real world war, will be this biblical, illiterate, paranoid named Ashcroft, to set up some sort of 'Jesus' first acceptance test ('true patriot clearance ID') throughout every meaningful American institution,... with the blessings of the new right wing religious fanatical judges in the Supreme and Federal courts.

The polarity of America's ecomomic and military might against the educated disgust and fear of the rest of whole world, will create tender box after tender box, of world nations forming new alliances against the rogue actions of the hated USA., and it's corporations, who use religion, military force, and corporate leverage to make the world in it's own corrupt sick image.
    "The USA Is Making Enemies Faster Than We Can Kill 'Em!"

too many fail to remember ........ the US was in a recession .... and then sufferred an enormous blow on 9-11 ........
    how many Presidents have been faced with this type of crisis ?

Bush doesn't outright do evil things..he says he is for all that "no child left behind" bs...then he cuts funding from the schools for it.

He says he is for the Military benifits/pay increase, and VA benifits and care...but then cuts funding for it. So, even if you qualify for these "improvements" THEY ARE ANYTHING BUT A WAY FOR HIM TO BE A MONKEY IN THE LIMELIGHT and get your vote for him to make the country more indebt and ways for him to pass laws and bills that make his investments richer even though he HAS HIS SILVERSPOON SO FAR UP HIS ARSE ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had not seen the transcript of the Osama thing.

This really scares me as this is what ended the Cold War. The Soviet Union bankrolled themselves into bankruptcy trying to stand up to Ronnie Ray-guns strategy of outspending them until they imploded. Then civil turmoil ensued. Ronald Reagan where are you when we need you. This guy ended a 50 year standoff without a shot fired and came out victorious. Too bad his VP wasnt pro-choice. Wait- I take that back. Quayle keeps popping in my mind today. Ok- somebody else then.
    Last edited by MrCrowley : 11/03/2004 at 03:55 PM

More interesting info from Yahoo News

White House: Debt Ceiling Must Be Raised
    By MARTIN CRUTSINGER, AP Economics Writer

WASHINGTON - The Bush administration announced Wednesday that it will run out of maneuvering room to manage the government's massive borrowing needs in two weeks, putting more pressure on Congress to raise the debt ceiling when it convenes for a special post-election session.

Treasury Department (news - web sites) officials announced that they will be able to conduct a scheduled series of debt auctions next week to raise $51 billion. However, an auction of four-week Treasury bills due to be completed on Nov. 18 will have to be postponed unless Congress acts before then to raise the debt ceiling.

"Due to debt limit constraints, we currently do not have the capacity to settle our four-week bill auction scheduled to settle on Nov. 18," Timothy Bitsberger, acting assistant Treasury secretary for financial markets, said in a statement.

Congress is scheduled to return for a lame-duck session beginning on Nov. 16 to deal with the debt ceiling, an omnibus spending plan for the rest of this budget year and other matters.
    The Republican-controlled Congress put off dealing with the debt ceiling before adjourning in October, preferring not to force members to vote on the politically sensitive issue of adding to the national debt before the November elections.

The government hit the current debt ceiling of $7.384 trillion on Oct. 14, forcing Treasury to begin a series of bookkeeping maneuvers to keep financing the government's normal operations without breaching the debt ceiling. But Treasury Secretary John Snow has warned that those special measures would last only until mid-November.

The Treasury Department's actions have included reducing the amount of debt in government trust funds to free up room for further borrowing from the public. The nonpublic debt is then replaced in the trust funds once the debt ceiling is increased along with any lost interest payments.

Republicans have proposed that the debt ceiling be raised by $690 billion to $8.074 trillion, an amount that would get the government through next September, when the 2005 budget year ends.

The need to raise the debt ceiling reflects the record budget deficits of the past two years. The deficit for the 2004 budget year, which ended Sept. 30, was an all-time high of $413 billion, surpassing the old mark, in dollar terms, of $377 billion in 2003.
    Democrats blame the surging deficits on Bush's tax cuts, while the administration contends the tax cuts provided critical economic stimulus to help lift the economy out of the 2001 recession.

The administration says the president has a plan to cut the deficit in half by 2009, but critics contend that the real problems will come in later years as retiring baby boomers put unprecedented strains on Social Security (news - web sites) and Medicare.

In its announcement Wednesday, Treasury said it will sell $51 billion in new securities next week including $22 billion in three-year notes on Monday, $15 billion in five-year notes on Tuesday and $14 billion in 10-year bonds on Wednesday.

Re: ..

Originally posted by SPAZZ
    Bush doesn't outright do evil things..he says he is for all that "no child left behind" bs...then he cuts funding from the schools for it.

He says he is for the Military benifits/pay increase, and VA benifits and care...but then cuts funding for it. So, even if you qualify for these "improvements" THEY ARE ANYTHING BUT A WAY FOR HIM TO BE A MONKEY IN THE LIMELIGHT and get your vote for him to make the country more indebt and ways for him to pass laws and bills that make his investments richer even though he HAS HIS SILVERSPOON SO FAR UP HIS ARSE ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Actually, these are "facts" as presented by the Democratic National Party to divide and polarize the American public. Bush did not cut funding to schools or VA benefits, or for nearly anything else for that matter - he did however cut some of the proposed increase. These agencies are all getting more than in the past, just not as much as what they requested; and anyone who knows how government budgets work will tell you - ask for the moon, because it will be cut. Make sure you spend it all by the end of the year - any way you can - because if you have any left over at the end of the year, you get an automatic cut the next year.

I can't continue to listen (read) these rants without responding. It is necessary to think and investigate for yourself what the facts are - the politicians are going to put them in the best light (spin) to present their case. The Democratic Party is particularly bad about fabricating "facts" to polarize the public. I'm not sure why, but it seems that whenever I hear a Democrat talk about politics, it is full of accusations, slander, name calling, and outright anger. The Democrats that I have challenged face-to-face about the reasons that they believe in their party, cannot logically tell me and end up in the ranting and name calling anger state that we are seeing in this thread.

I don't get it, I have a lot of rational reasons for how I believe and how I vote. I try to be as informed as possible about my choices and what I am told. The "why I am" post that was quoted earlier was very to the point and logical about what that person believed and why without ranting - I'd like to hear that same thing from someone with the opposing views, just so I can try to understand where you are coming from. I'm not trying to inflame here - and SPAZZ, I'm not picking on your post, just replying to it. But I would actually like to hear from someone in a rational tone why they voted for Kerry.

Like Ive said since he was elected. Take my damn taxes you idiot- what the hell will a two hundred measly dollars a year do for me, when we can actually have a balanced budget and be in the positive in a few years. That is before you went and blew our lowest debt in decades. Maybe then we could just pay cash for social security.......... oh wait what am I saying............ not running into debt is unamerican these days...........lets keep financing it then you mook. I wish I could learn from a great master like that of how not to run your household. Just finance your life away- yeah right.