Originally posted by MrCrowley
.....Yes, the economy was starting to decline. He has not done a single solitary thing to fix it.
What the hell are you talking about?!?! Of course he did something about it - he started a war didn't he? Any economist will tell you war really jump starts a sluggish economy. I can't beleive you're busting on the man's economic plan like that!

Yes the Bush family is rich thats why Yankee boys moved to TX in the first place. Thats what granpappy wanted for them. Through several corrupt attemps in companies handed down by "daddy" ala Harken Energy anyone? Sure costs the taxpayers.

Well - if you'll notice - there haven't been very many poor candidates for President or Vice President recently. I guess you're calling into question how he and his family came by the money but I don't see how it's any less noble than, for example, getting an allowance from your mega-rich wife or winning a 23 million dollar settlement against a doctor (who most likely didn't do anything wrong) by "channelling" voices of dead babies to the jury. Sure costs us when it's time to buy health insurance.

Then proceeded to be a drunkard for 40 years before being " saved" hallelujah!

Actually this is one of the few things I admire about the current prez. If you come from a family that has had to deal with/is having to deal with alcohol problems, even if you don't like his politics you can at least respect the man for taking control of his life and rising to the position he's in.

If you want to know more about some of these politicians in TX, just ask. I did work for them for a while, you know.

So give it up already you big tease!