Originally posted by kpaske
....Someone mentioned something about it being hypocritical for someone to say closed-minded people should have closed mouths. I think the point is that it's not interesting or a valuable use of your time to listen to close minded people because they will rarely have any truth or valuable insight to share with you.
Just wondering - how do you make the determination that a person is closed-minded and not worthy of conversing with you if you don't listen to them. Can you tell just by the bumper stickers on their car? Or the political signs in their yard maybe...?

Originally posted by kpaske
If they are too close minded to consider your opinion, then how could they possibly be enlightened about anything?
Yeah - what could they possibly know? It's a total waste of time for an open-minded person such as yourself to talk to closed-minded individuals.

I guess I'm just really stupid because I learn something from practically everybody I talk to. Even the ones who are not receptive to my views.

Anyway.. Thanks for the comments!!! I think you did a fantastic job of illustrating my point.