3 10.71%
  • Other Issues, please Eplain in Post

3 10.71%
  • No Problems

19 67.86%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Interceptor Kills Transmission - Fact or Fiction

Interceptor Kills Tranny - Fact or Fiction

Want to get some feed back from VXers who have interceptors installed as to the negative Impact of the interceptor on the tranny.
    Is there a reason to worry?
    Last edited by Bantan : 11/05/2004 at 02:57 PM
    The Bantan's Relm
    Gallery
    Myspace Page
    "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about the things we care about."

suposedly...

according to Tone...the interceptor will not damge anything....but....my interceptor shorted out and killed my electro magnetic clutch coil in my T-case...which cancels your TOD ....$1100 in labor and $150 for the part is what Isuzu says to fix. I know it was the Interceptor because I was throwing all sorts of codes from Tranny and T-case...tried every single fix...nothing worked...removed Interceptor it was smoked and smelled burnt.

I loved the performance of it...but not the part of changing my T-case...luckily it wasn't my Tranny.

Tone will go ahead and speak up for his product and diss me...but, I am not down talking it...just telling what happened truthfully.

To save all the "I have no problems with mine" posts, I made a selection on the poll.

BTW... I haven't had any problems at all with mine
    Scott / moncha.com

I had mine slip down from where it was ziptied, and burnt the harness on the downpipe. the short threw a code for PCM TCU solenoid. I fixed the harness, and have had no other issues.

John C.

Thanks Scott! Spazz, no need to dis you. Yours is the only reported damage from the Interceptor but since it is connected to the tranny cabling/connector which is separate and shares no circuit with the TOD/Transfer to my knowledge, I'm not sure how it is possible. If it smoked, please return it for analysis and replacement so we know what happened. I have shipped over 50 of these units with few problems, usually install or setting issues for the most part.

email me your address and I'll ship old one for analizing and/or possible replacement.

'01 EBONY 1330 r.i.p. now '01 PROTON 0987
    S/c'ed and no probs.

About the only comment that I have is that when in power mode I can feel a kick in the butt on each downshift (when braking to a stop light for example). Accelerating is great though, and there aren't any issues at all in normal mode.

Mark (wareagle) rode in my VX at Uwharrie and he commented on how fast the shifts were.

-Tad

Spazz, your email address is hidden. I will get you a RA number from AutoTrans on Monday and get you the address so you can send it straight to them. I'll let you know what to write on the package and will need you to put a description of the problem in with the product. Thanks.

Others, if you are getting a hard shift on downshifting, you may want to reduce the pressure a bit.

one problem i have is the trans with interceptor hits redline and cuts out when in power mode and first gear.

does not feel too good with supercharger. hits really hard. so i just lift a little when it gets close and lets it shift.
    Anthony

Of course it will hit rev limiter in 1st with Interceptor or without, LOL! If shift is too hard, please decrease pressure on the Interceptor.

Sorry, i ment to say when taking of in drive and 1-2 shift it hits rev limit. i have to let off the gas when getting close to redline in first so it will shift to second w/o bouncing off rev limit.

It never did this w/o interceptor

Thumbs up

Originally posted by WSG aka Moncha
    To save all the "I have no problems with mine" posts, I made a selection on the poll.

BTW... I haven't had any problems at all with mine
    Thanks for adding that option

I Just got in from the Club, lots of hotties!!!
    Well, I had my tranny replaced once, after installing this Mod. symtoms were, really hard shifts, clunking and jerks on deceleration, even on low mode.
    I Love the extra kick I get from the Interceptor (feels like I got a Super Charger), but its seems like I got to replace my tranny again. Its been less than six months since the last tranny.

Does having an interceptor installed void my warrantee?
    Last edited by Bantan : 12/09/2004 at 12:04 AM

Isuzu does not honor their warranty after 30,000 miles...they will worm themselves out of covering anything even if you have an after market air cleaner.

Serious..I get it all the time. they just turn me around or tell me they will charge me for warranty work or tell me that nothing is covered for some odd reason or another. They even told me that the Tcase is NOT part of the Drivetrain....gee with a TOD Tcase that has 2 output shafts hooked to the back of the Tranny and LOCKED all the time hubs...not auto..but LOCKED all the time and no selector switch to disable TOD and you do not have the option of disconnecting the front driveshaft and running it like you could with 2 wheel drive vehicles if something goes wrong.....ummmm YEAH I think that the Tcase IS part of the drivetrain and they are smoking crack laced with Drano