Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mitsubishi Pajero

Mitsubishi Pajero

Has anyone seen the Mitsubishi Pajero concept? sure looks like a next gen VX! The web site even mentions the Paris-Dakar rally connection that the VX underpinnings were taken from. I saw the Hot Wheels rendition today and was amazed at how it resembled the VX. Looks cool - although I'm not a big Mitsu fan.

http://www.cardesignnews.com/autosho...ubishi-pajero/
    Last edited by Raque Thomas : 11/09/2004 at 05:37 AM

hmmmm... i would choose the VX if i had to choose.
    "Times fun when you're having flies."
    -Kermit the Frog

Is that a Mitsubishi? Or is it another wonderful Nissan/Infiniti product. Sure looks like one. I cant decide...

By the way did you know the history of the Pajero? It is actually the only real competition the VX has ever had. It is a 2 door rally inspired suv just like ours with the major exception being a 3.0 liter twin turbo setup. there are a few pics around if you do a search online. Alot of overseas people chose the VX to purchase over the Pajero due to our AWD ability. The Pajero has the standard 4wd type setup. It does scoot- they even have an Evo version of it like the Lancer!

http://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sho...ghlight=pajero
    Last edited by MrCrowley : 11/09/2004 at 08:41 AM

Funny thing is that i can see a VX look in a lot of the concept cars outthere! Maybe i'm just imagining things!

Too car-like for my taste, they all try to get close but there's only ONE VX. How lucky are we to actually own and drive one of the sportiest concepts to actually be produced. Car Design News one of my favorite sites (most VX owners are car enthusiast)
    It's the love child of a Hummer & SLK, uniquely rugged & SLeeK

Dont think I like this iteration of the Paj. I am personally a fan of the toaster on wheels look of the Gen I's. Also not sure about competition. My two Montero's have gone and continue to go places a VX only dreams of. Don't get me wrong, I love the VX , but if Mitsu brought over the Gen III two door Montero, the VX would be in the classifieds tomorrow.
    '89 Dodge Raider V6 Auto
    '90 Mitsu Montero V6 Man
    '01 Dragon VX
    '05 Scion xB

Love my VX...but(c'mon,ya knew it was comming) but the Pajero (2 door Montero basicly like we got a 2 door Trooper) is a pretty well developed, fairly refined machine. Paris to Dakar winner over and over, no matter the driver. Mitsi makes a hell of a car. But then, they made a hell of an airplane back when... didn't they. Wish they'd sell the Pajero here...Gave a half-hearted attempt to get one about a year ago. Gave up pretty quick when I started to look into importing one. Ask Sacha K. The rules are many , the hurdles steep. A big PIA. Wayne

Originally posted by MrCrowley
    Is that a Mitsubishi? Or is it another wonderful Nissan/Infiniti product. Sure looks like one. I cant decide...

By the way did you know the history of the Pajero? It is actually the only real competition the VX has ever had. It is a 2 door rally inspired suv just like ours with the major exception being a 3.0 liter twin turbo setup. there are a few pics around if you do a search online. Alot of overseas people chose the VX to purchase over the Pajero due to our AWD ability. The Pajero has the standard 4wd type setup. It does scoot- they even have an Evo version of it like the Lancer!

http://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sho...ghlight=pajero

i think one of the paj evo had the evo engine....it might have been the acutal rally paj since they limited some of the rallies to only 2L
    ________
    Live sex
    Last edited by MZ-N10 : 09/05/2011 at 03:42 PM

Hey- quit hating on Nissan.You are gonna go a loooong way to find a smoother, stronger, more refined 6cyl. Maybe all the way to BMW, and I'm not sure they do it better. Agreed, Nissan does not wrap the most seductive cars around this gem of an engine. The Z car is a huge step in the right direction....just needs to lose a few hundred pounds, and deal with the high beltline and big, clunky looking butt. (don't we all). Love to shove one of those little V6 beauties into a Lotus7 type platform........maybe put that on the list.------------------Wayne

I didn't read all the reply's, but did anyone scroll down to the pic of the seats.. they are the same exact as the vx.. cool.

The Mitsubishi outlander has a detuned EVO 8 engine!

Originally posted by thedutchguy
    The Mitsubishi outlander has a detuned EVO 8 engine!
    Mitsu does not intend to import this to the US.

My neighbor owns one

If I didn't own a VX I could be mad.........

but mitsu has done this before with other models, especiall the evo.

the outlander in teh us doenst have the evo motor....the turbo airtrax in japan does.....
    ________
    HOMEMADE VAPORIZER REVIEWS
    Last edited by MZ-N10 : 09/05/2011 at 03:43 PM