We had another awesome rallycross event at Joe Black's property in Ft. Meade! Joe was better than ever and after 2 runs he was 3rd overall in a field of 28! Very close too - leader was at 471, 2nd was 473 (previous two-time winner of the event), and Joe had a 475. Unfortunately he popped a bead on a tire and finished in his not totally prepped Merkur XR4Ti - I was crushed to see that because he was doing so well and I think he could definitely have taken 1st overall in the VX! We really should have forced him to take one of the other two VX's for a spin. Nicely done, caught some air, very aggressive, very fun to watch (Joe, I'll send what video I have - watched it tonight, pretty cool!). And no, Joe never practiced on the course beforehand - it was finished at about nightfall the day before the event. It was also a fast, dry course (relative to twistier, soggier previous layouts), and a longer course than we've done before (an even mile). One might think the Subies would have an edge over a VX in the conditions, but think again. :-)

As for me, I did beat half the field (14th of 28), so I can't complain. Sure didn't beat Joe this time, but I had a blast as usual. :-)

We had a Jeep Liberty out there too, and 3rd place overall (and winner of two previous events, all in different cars) was taken in a Subaru Forester!

Thanks as always to Joe for hosting the event and all of the behind-the-scenes work he puts into these things.