Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ** Updated** Switches for add on Foglights and Tailgate Release..

Updated!!! Switches for add on Foglights and Tailgate Release..

Here's a listing of switches for foglights, tailgate release and the "Fuzzy" hole replacement bezel.
    The switches are lighted.
    The foglight switch has an indicator showing the switch is in use.
    The Tailgate release has an indicator light that comes on when the tailgate is ajar.. I'm working on a solution to make it work. It will probably require a second pin switch to be used unless you go without the dome light tie in option.

Fuzzy Hole replacement switch bezel p/n 8-97107-569-0 ($12.26)

Tailgate Release switch (from 95.5-97 Rodeo) p/n 8-97093-960-3 ($41.67)

Foglight switch (from 98-newer Rodeo) p/n 8-97125-279-2 ($18.73)

Block off plates (Switch Blanks) 8-97081-617-1 ($2.04)

I obtained these through St Charles Isuzu But you can get them from any Isuzu parts source.

Edit... Updated....Here is a link to a line drawing showing the terminal patterns for the switches..

Terminal Pattern

Edit......The new way to connect these will afford the internal light to be dimmed.. Surprize to me that Isuzu uses a variable ground to dim the dashlights.
    The pin to the pin switch on the Tail Gate release switch is for a second pin switch to control the indicator contained within the switch, showing if the read door is ajar. You can connect it to either door jamb switch but the indicator will light when any door is opened.
    Last edited by Moncha : 06/07/2003 at 08:39 PM
    Scott / moncha.com

Question

How about some pics of what these switches look like installed, if anyone has them? I am interested to know more about the "Fuzzy Hole replacement switch bezel" and what combination works from the list you provided. My ideal application would be three lighted swithes to fit into the fuzzy hole side by side in a row (factory look):
    1st for Exterior neon lights
    2nd for Fog Lights
    3rd for Rear door Popper (preferably with a cover that you lift/flip up, so I won't accidentally press the button)

I believe this senario has been explored/discussed before, But I am getting closer to that point of my modding and need a refresher Crash course.

Thanks All
    Mercer

BTW how about a "Turbo Boost" button:homer:
    The Bantan's Relm
    Gallery
    Myspace Page
    "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about the things we care about."

I don't have mine installed yet but, I'll have 3 foglight switches in the fuzzy hole I'll be moving the cruise control switch up in one of the blanks by the alarm light and putting the tailgate switch in it's place.

I'll be posting more as I get to it..

Are there any pics of this bezel / factory switches?

Sure, I'll take them tonite after work and get them up for you..

(What happened to my reply from the 7th?)

I have also seen a heated seats icon on an Isuzu switch, I think a Trooper? I'm going to add a switch for the backup cam, I wonder what would be the best graphic for that...

Anyway, any luck getting the pics yet?

Just found a good pic in the gallery:
    http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/sh...papass=&sort=4

I think I'm going to leave the fuzzy hole alone, because I already have two spots for a switch - on the dash near the cruise control switch, and on center console near the side mirror heater switch. I assume those are the same switches right?

That is correct.. Sorry I just have to have a bout 10 to 15 minutes to sit still at home and get this done.. I put my foglight switch in the replacement bezel and will move my cruise control switch up the the blank above it to make room for my tailgate switch. That way it'll be all by itself and less likely to be hit by accident.

I'll work on the pics tonite... These 4 12 hour shifts per week of mine are getting old! Especially, when I do and extra 25-30 hours of overtime. No time to play with my friends

Do you know of any other switch graphics other than the mentioned tailgate and foglight switches? I'm trying to find something that might be appropriate for the camera switch.

Probably what you'll need to do is make your own. Soak the switch cover (As long as it is a lit switch) in brake fluid to get the original paint off. They are just clear plastic painted over with black. Using a very fine material likethe stuff the make signs with. I used bright yellow to cut some stickers out. Make your design with an exacto knife and the apply it to the area of the switch. Make sure it's down really well then spray over it and let dry.. Mess it up? do it again.. The switch face comes off pretty easily then snaps right back on..

Here Randy...

Where are we to put the Hotwheel VX?

Oil slick, smokescreen, and missile buttons would be great for those blanks! My friend had them on his Audi. Never gave me show though.

'01, Dragon Mica Green NO MORE, 1393 SOLD
    I'd like to hook up a neon sign to one of those switches. The neon would be hung on the rear window to flip off tailgaters.

What is it about the VX's *** that just says "stick close"?

I've never been tailgated so much before with other cars.

How about using one of those as a replacement for the top brake-light. Instead of just flashing like Tone's mod it could actually tell the people, "I am stopping, you better slow down too!"

'01, Dragon Mica Green NO MORE, 1393 SOLD
    Originally posted by WyrreJ
    How about using one of those as a replacement for the top brake-light. Instead of just flashing like Tone's mod it could actually tell the people, "I am stopping, you better slow down too!"
    Huh? There's a switch for that already. If you press on the brake pedal very lightly you can activate the brake light without engaging the brake systems. Cars are designed that way for the very same reason you mentioned.

Getting back on topic... if you go to arts and crafts stores you can probably find a adhesive stencil film (photo frisket). With a really sharp blade and steady hand, you might be able to make a nice stencil to mask off the symbol you want... however, it's probably best if you keep it as simple as possible.