Same with me, George. Sometimes I just get frustrated, but that's life and we all get a generous helping of frustration.

I try to keep things like that in mind (regarding what you said about prioritizing while on duty). I can see it if their lights are flashing and they're quite obviously on the way to deal with something bigger. I can even sorta see it if they're sitting there behind some other cars stopped at a light, see someone run it, but it would be a real pain to get out of where you're sitting, boxed in by everybody else. And maybe trying to make those people move to chase that guy would create new hazards that aren't just worth the risk. But when the officer is the first car at the light, sitting there and not racing along to an important call, and it happens right in front of him, that to me is a bit different.

That said, your point is well-taken. The very least someone in your position deserves is a little benefit of the doubt. You've earned it.

At times I've considered pursuing a career in a few fields of law enforcement myself, and who knows what the future may hold. Maybe I still will try that. I am someone who does not want to always be doing what I do now. I don't want fame at all, but what I do want is to somehow live a life that will make a difference and make a positive impact. I want to do something that directly affects those things I consider most important. I want to be part of something I have admired and look up to. And that is why a career like that interests me, despite the gripes you've seen from me here. Because I believe you folks do all of that. I just thought you should know. If it is sometimes a thankless job, please consider this a big thank you.