the big PUmpkin removable thingy from the axles... the type of axle you have depends on the bolt count ON THE RING gear and not the housing of the 3rd member.

Our front axles should be compatible with any Corporate 10 bolt that Isuzu offered... evn some Honda Passports and some other cars. The rear is Compatible with any Corporate 12 bolt that Isuzu offered. Our front and rear axles are Modified 12 bolts and 10 bolts. By "MODIFIED" that means a thicker ring gear.

A while back my rear 3rd member went out. I at the time could only afford a 456 3rd from a 90 PUP... my front is going out and I can only afford a 90 456 3rd from a 90 Trooper.

you do NOT want to go with 538's as your front cv shafts will twist off unless you just do highway soccer mom curb hopping driving such as H2's. 577 or 588 Ring and Pinions will work as long as they are from a Corporate 12 bolt axle rear and Corporate 10 bolt axle front...as long as inner spline count the same..but all my and Swordy's research comes up with is that their usually is no change.