View Poll Results: What should Bantan do with the new mod?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep it & make it better. Give the ricers a run for the money!

22 37.29%
  • Take it off! There aren't any cattle on the highway!

34 57.63%
  • It's not big enough.

1 1.69%
  • One word: CHROME

2 3.39%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Bantan's New Mod - Y or N

Originally posted by WSG aka Moncha
    I have no problems in accepting your last word, "Goodbye", and would even like to assist you on your way.
    Bravo, well done Scott. Enough said!

Dave...
    Always a kid at heart!

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone
    Originally posted by VXMAN
    Bravo, well done Scott. Enough said!

Dave...
    Ditto!!!
    Don't let the door hit you in *****!!
    Ask forgiveness, not permission.

Scott ALWAYS knows how to handle the difficult ones! I would like to remind everyone that Scott does this out of his love for the VX, not for commercial, personal or egotistical gain.

Something I have noticed is that many of the complainers and outsiders are not even willing to step up and make a contribution to the forum yet believe they are entitled to say and do as they please. If you haven't contributed and like the site, please consider becoming a $10, $20, or $40 CONTRIBUTING member - think of it as a Christmas present to all the other VX owners here.

STS. Schizophrenic Thread Syndrome. On the topic of rules and leaving a forum, I've found that forums tend to transmit a personality - a sum average of the owners and members therein. This personality is something that you either click with or not. The personality is what sets the tone for what's acceptable or not. If you don't like it, you shouldn't stick around.

Some members who don't click will stick around and attempt to push the boundaries, typically annoying others. This is immature. I think the best thing to do is to recognize when a forum isn't for you and just be mature enough to move on. I guess I have to commend I-Man for having this realization, even if a little late.

PS - I belong to one forum (www.webdesignforums.net) where not only subject matter is limited (no politics, no religion), language is limited (no cursing, etc.), but even spelling and grammar are tightly monitored. People have actually been banned for using "hax0r 5p3ak", for example. Granted, it's a forum for professionals, but the point is that it transmits a personality. There are "hax0r" kids who want to talk about web design, too - they can either follow the rules there or go somewhere else.
    Steve

Smile All is better now!

So as we can lay this to rest, MR. I-MAN and I have patched things up and the both of us are on common ground now. This was all done off line, as it should and in no way, any of what was said will make it onto these boards. Thank you to all for your support on both sides of the line for without, there wouldn't be much conversation. I respect that there is an oposite opinion to almost every subject out there, all I ask is to keep it clean and fair.
    Scott / moncha.com

I like to just throw something in real quick... I belong to another forum where it seems you ARE allowed to use some "fowl" language and such (advrider.com), but I have NEVER seen things get much more out of hand than some playful ribbing. Everyone gets along great fine and it seems the members who have been around the longest tend to tease each other with the occasional "S" words and "F" words... it's all in good fun, though.

It isn't for everyone, and I could see things getting out of hand if it wasn't for good moderation and maturity. They know their boundries, they respect each other, and they respect their moderators. If the forum users understand and respect the entire reasoning behind the forum (whether bad language is allowed or not) things can run so much more smoothly.

As much as I-Man was getting on people's nerves, it always sucks when someone is banned and not allowed back. I hope he can become a contributing member of the forum and we can all live in peace and harmony (I think I just puked in my mouth)

All joking aside, BACK TO THE FORUM!!

Dallas, looks like you got a new bike (?) Can we see? I looked it up on the Suzuki site but I like to see all the angles too.

Despite just about everyone's complete lack of emotional support and frequent objections, I one day I'm going to probably get one and ride it, and fly some helicopters, too.

SloPro and transio, I wanna at least buy you guys a beer or whatever you're having sometime.

Originally posted by WSG aka Moncha
    MR. I-MAN and I have patched things up
    Good to hear!

Originally posted by Heraclid
    SloPro and transio, I wanna at least buy you guys a beer or whatever you're having sometime.
    You got it, man. Next central Florida event. I'll bring Bantan, too!

Thanks! And if you're ever up this way, I'll load you up with some Highland beer!

(yes that's a shameless plug for my bro's brew - http://www.highlandbrewing.com/ - they've just come out with a new one called Heather Ale and boy is it good so you guys in NC, east TN and upstate SC try it OK?)

I think I've had that beer at the Flying Saucer here in Raleigh.

For some reason it rings a bell.
    2000 Black VX 105k

Thumbs up

Bantan, I found this regarding an earlier question you had and wanted to pass it along:
    http://www.flsenate.gov/Statutes/ind...16/Sec2397.HTM
    Thanks for the info, Bro
    The Bantan's Relm
    Gallery
    Myspace Page
    "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about the things we care about."

SlowPro48,

While packing to go to Ukraine as an election monitor for their Dec. 26, election, I just stopped in to look at the latest comments by our local "good ol' boy' network. (You are all (Ya'all) drinking buddies now?) LOL

So, SlowPro48, from what you say,

I find it ironic that we're getting a lecture on racism by somebody who lives in what has to be one of the most whitebread states in the nation..
    ... I am not qualified to speak about racial hatred, and the use of racial slurs, because I do not live near any of these minorities? And for you and your friends, the use of "RICER", or any other racial slur you feel like using, is completely correct because you feel fully justified in your bias and bigotry, because you live very near these minorities.
    LOL!!
    You regressive thinkers... errr.... you prefer the word "conservative" I think, ... geniuses are just too much.!

I think when you refer to me as "Spud Boy", you must be thinking about all of the Skin Heads and White Supremacists, and Mormons, that live in Idaho, Nevada, and Montana. I am sure you would feel right at home with all of them. They also worship the supernatural, and hate people such as me, and believe that their personal "colorful" expressions about race and hate, are nobody's business but their own. ( They also enjoy calling themselves, "CONSERVATIVES", just like you and your friends. But we all know that in their hearts, they are really pathetic "REGRESSIVES".)

They actually have very similar thoughts as your drinking buddy, Transo. His quote,

:use of the terms "African American" or "Asian American" are no better than "Black," "Chink," "Spic," or the dreaded "N*gger".
    Maybe look again at the words that I suggested we use instead of "RICER, BLACK, CHINK, SPIC, or NIGGER" for that car mod. They were:
    How about, "PERFECT PALPABLE PILE OF POSER RHINOPLASTY PUTTY"
    or a
    "JAGGED JUNKPILE OF JOCULARITY"
    ....hmmm, no racial referrals at all.

The Tibetan family and the Mexican family that live and work on this Ranch, await the next great comments from the few, but very loud members of the southern VX beer drinkers club. LOL (i'll be gone)

(Dammit spud-boy you sucked me into another one. After Ms. Anita gets through spanking it, you can kiss the crack of my lilly-white ***** for that)
    Slowpro - I was literally busting up laughing out loud as I read your posts through this thread. The guy in the next office came over to see what was going on.

Somehow I have missed this whole conversation until today. Very interesting. Having no bias either way, I am amazed that term "Ricer" can have such devastating affects on Bam-Bam. HE IS NOT EVEN ASIAN!!!!!!!!

Obviously no one here meant anything racial by the comment. We all know what the term means, except for those in Spud-ville. No harm, no foul.

As for the mod to Bantan's VX, (that is what this thread was about, isn't it?), it looks alright. Not really my choice, but pretty cool for a strictly "street machine". Personally, I am liking the lifted VX's with the big tires. Do they call that "redneck"?

I had better be careful not use those regionally racial terms. Do you also defend hillbillies?

I blame Joe for starting this thread. tsk tsk tsk

Thanks. I feel sooo much better now!

I'm beginning to wish this forum had an "ignore" feature.

Zeesh!

At least we now know Bam*Bam will soon be travelling to a place where kidnapping Americans is a hobby. ;Dr; Maybe we can all chip in to help sponsor an adoptive work camp, errr, family for him too. ;pr;

Just kidding Bam*Bam! Hope you come back safely and feeling you've done some good, and maybe a bit more appreciative of the freedom to flame your friends here.
    Over 20 years of Isuzu enjoyment...