I'm thinking of making a drastic change in my life and buying a boat to live on. I have wanted to do it several times in the past & have talked myself out of it. However, now I've found my dream boat - a 1992 64' Blue Water Coastal. It's a steal - because it partially sank in Bermuda in a hurricane. Engines fried, generator fried, wiring questionable, etc. Was under water for less than two days. Interior looks OK, but has no furniture or upholstry. It is not "gutted", the carpet is still in place and serviceable, wood flooring needs to be refinished but is not warped, headliner OK, cabinets in galley OK, bed platforms in place, bathrooms OK, etc. No hull damage - was blown onto it's side and into a piling, which puntured 2 windows and let the water in to partially sink it.

My question is - anyone here have any experience with anything like this? Am I getting in over my head? I am a VERY handy person when it comes to home improvement, wiring, etc - but I know nothing about rebuilding engines (2-502's) or generators. I think I can buy it for around $35,000. When complete, it would have a value of around $200,000. Any educated thoughts here? Am I crazy??