Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A Merry C/F Christmas?

Looks pretty sweet. Does it have the mounts for the original hinges and latch, or is it only a hoodskin?

I agree, despite the fact that it took over 6 months to get my prepaid order, I did eventually recieve it. If its a mistake, I wouldn't cheat them out of it.

John C.

Thumbs up

BAD AZZ! .... that would look so sweet on our Ebony's.

The entire framework of the original hood is attached to the hood skin. The framework is all molded in fiberglass and matched the factory framework exactly. The only thing is, none of the holes for insert mount or wiper jets have been drilled. Hood mounts are already drilled, as you can see the small pieces of wood are screwed into this location (for standing up so it doesnt get damaged).

Like I said, if all goes well, I will drill the holes, cut my hole for the air induction intake, mount the insert, and install it. You will not believe the weight of this thing. The whole package weighed in at 25lbs, but that inculded all the packing material and the huge box. Absolutely insane. And the quality, it is clear that Carbon Fiber One is best with larger object like hoods. Very clean, perfect C/F weave layering, and lamination. This piece is near flawless. I can;t wait to see it mounted with the induction insert.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

It kinda makes me wonder why they didn't just make it with the insert already molded in - since it's pretty much unnecessary with the whole unit in CF. It does look sweet though!

-- John
    John Eaton
    Original Owner
    2001 Proton Yellow #580
    Atlanta GA

http://wildtoys.com/vehicross/
    http://vehicross.blogspot.com/

"Metaphors be with you"

Thumbs up

looks sweet!

-jose
    2001 kaiser silver #1002

Looks really nice. Still curious if it was really Carbon Fiber One (and if so, how they could make such a sweet hood when they keep jacking up the inserts). I also wonder what the final cost will be...

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.

As a newbie here...

....I have to ask ,who are carbon fiber One ?

Do they have a web site?

that hood looks REAL sweet.

Jo

Jacob says that you've got the only one in existence. Let us know how it fits! I'm wondering what it will look like on my Kaiser . . . might be worth it for the weight savings, as the stock hood feels pretty heavy.

My is a little bit damaged - apparently from blunt objects hitting it or someone sitting on it. For that reason, I think I'd go for a full hood replacement rather than an insert.
    Steve

Lightbulb

a nice bug/stone guard would be nice!

-jose

Originally posted by WormGod
    The entire framework of the original hood is attached to the hood skin. The framework is all molded in fiberglass and matched the factory framework exactly. The only thing is, none of the holes for insert mount or wiper jets have been drilled. Hood mounts are already drilled, as you can see the small pieces of wood are screwed into this location (for standing up so it doesnt get damaged).

Like I said, if all goes well, I will drill the holes, cut my hole for the air induction intake, mount the insert, and install it. You will not believe the weight of this thing. The whole package weighed in at 25lbs, but that inculded all the packing material and the huge box. Absolutely insane. And the quality, it is clear that Carbon Fiber One is best with larger object like hoods. Very clean, perfect C/F weave layering, and lamination. This piece is near flawless. I can;t wait to see it mounted with the induction insert.
    ur gonna cut the cf hood?!?!?!?!? how bout i trade u my hood for ur cf hood?
    ________
    Marijuana seed
    Last edited by MZ-N10 : 09/05/2011 at 03:53 PM

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.

Could someone tell me...

..who is/are Carbon Fiber One???

link please.

thanks

jo

Originally posted by MachineVX
    Jacob says that you've got the only one in existence. Let us know how it fits! I'm wondering what it will look like on my Kaiser . . . might be worth it for the weight savings, as the stock hood feels pretty heavy.
    Bah, I am glad Jacob told you and not me, hahaha. At leats I now know it WAS them. I would just liek to know... "WHY ME?", heh. I appreciate it more than youcan imagine though. Other than the very swanky leather coat I got for Xmas, this hood is still the frontliner for my holiday.

Now I kinda feel like a d|ck for the complaining I have done about the a-pillars. You guys really know how to get the better of someone.

first thing i would do is get some 3m clear film put over it. my hood has so many dings in it.hate to see something like that getting dinged up. shawn
    1COOLVX

Mmmm/ how would that look with my kelvar insert in it....

I woul not feel safe with any CF hood without hoodpins or Dzus in the front corners.

John C.