Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A Merry C/F Christmas?

A Merry C/F Christmas?

So ok, yesterday my receptionist phones into my office telling me I have a package and the delivery guy is waiting for my sig. Knowing I havnt ordered anything, I go out to check it out. I walk outside to "help" the guy get it off his truck. The box is HUGE and weighs 25 lbs. I tell the guy I didnt order a thing and this baffles me, but the address and name are mine indeed. I sign and we bring it in. I start poppping staples and I peak in. Hmmm, It's big, it's black, and it's a VX hood.... in C/F! Not just the insert.... the WHOLE HOOD. WTF?! Does anyone even make these?! Why was it sent to me? I look around for info on the package and only find install instructions and an address. Seeing the area code being the same as the Carbon Fiber One guys, I send an email asking if it was them. I havent heard back yet and cant call since long distance calls are not allowed from the office. I hope my impatience and ranting about the a-pillars taking all this time to do didnt sway them into shutting me up with this, heh (fact is, I still want the pods if thats the case fellas ).

Anyways, just awaiting word back from them to see what this is all about. In the meantime, I have a BEAUTIFUL C/F full VX hood sitting in my office with fiberglass underframe-work. Oh, I did mention.... it weighs NOTHING.... right?

WOW! WTF!
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Thumbs up

Pics??? Also does it have a scoop molded into it?
    Last edited by Cyrk : 12/21/2004 at 07:43 AM

Talking TEASE

Come on Gary, you can't post this WITHOUT PICTURES

PICTURES
    PICTURES
    PICTURES
    PICTURES

PLEASE

;Dp; ;Dr;

Dave...
    Always a kid at heart!

So Wormgod, are you going to install it? I would really like to see it installed. Will it be durable enough to stand up over time? What would you guess that dude costs?

Thanks,
    Neal

No pics. I am still waiting for word from whoever really sent this thing. I imagine it's Carbon Fiber One, but before I do anything with it, I need to know.... cause it showed up free of charge, and if it's a mistake, I sure as hell aint keeping it. A guy at my office is into C/F goods on his import, and he specualtes it probably would run anywhere from $2k- $3k. Big ballpark figure, but I dunno.

In all, if it's a mistake, I am just awaiting word and for someone the delivery guy to pick it back up. If it's trully some sort of gift, I will be more than happy to install it and show it off for publicity for someone's company *hint hint*. Once I hear from someone, and if it's good news, I will install it and post pics immediately.

EDIT: No scoop, just OEM. The C/F scoop will fit right into it I am sure though. I dont think I would want the scoop built in. I like the rolled corner of where the insert lays into the hood.

Damnnnnnnnnn,, Is that where my hood has been???? I knew they must have gotten the address confused. Don't call them I will just give you my address and you can just forward it next delivery. Sorry for the inconvenience. I will send you a thank you card for your troubles !!!!

lol, wow, thats intresting, looks like someone has a secret admirer...
    I want a VX. I am going to buy one. Soon.
    DaNiiK@OpTonLiNe.NeT -Danny

Can't wait to see the photos of that. It'll look awesome!
    Life is what happens when you're driving a VX...

WOW! I wish they would send me one! I just got off the phone with them again and they said that they weren't 100% happy with the hood scoops so they are going to send me 2 more and let me pick the best one. I am praying that one will be nice. So now I will have 4 CF hood scoop inserts.
    2001 Ironman Daily Driver... 3.5" suspension lift (OME912 springs and 1" spring spacer), ball joint flip, 1.5" front diff. drop, 33"x12.5 TrXus MT, 16x10 Eagle Alloy rims, Interceptor, PV muffler, K&N air filter, Alpine Supercharger, Bilstein shocks, and some trimming.

2000 Ironman Project LS-1 VX... very slow progress but someday....... ohhhhh someday......

Originally posted by WormGod
    A guy at my office is into C/F goods on his import, and he specualtes it probably would run anywhere from $2k- $3k. Big ballpark figure, but I dunno.
    You could make a mint reselling C/F to that guy! I talked to ViS about a full C/F hood for the VX and it would've been between $600 - $800, plain or ventilated.

WANNA SELL IT ???!??!?
    Steve

I'm wondering (assuming?) if it was meant for someone else but sent to you by mistake... your address came up instead? Maybe someone on the forum will see this post and speak up. You know how good CF1 is at getting back to people... I hope you hear something in the next couple weeks!

We will see. I couldnt leave it at the office since I go on vacation for 2 weeks starting tomorrow so I had a friend come pick it up with his truck. All I know is, they have no PayPal money of mine nor do they have a CC#, so that's life.

Previous owner of:1999 White Vehicross Ironman 1970

Talking

How do I get my name on that mailing list?
    The price you pay to be different......