Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Isuzerati

you see.... it's not enough I can't slep Porshe I got the wrong make... I apologize... LOL
    Then again, how is that different?
    My Other Ride Is a Puma
    www.mwior.com

As for "representin" for Isuzu... why? What have they done for me? I have no particular loyalty to the brand, and I could care less if they succeed or fail. Other than the VX, they've made no vehicle that has even interested me..... and even the VX is beginning to annoy me in little ways.
    You own and supposedly love a vehicle that they made. I think that'd be enough. Is it because Isuzu isn't a Lexus, an Infinity, a porsche? Is it because when someone looks at an isuzu, they don't go "damn that guy must be someone important"? Is it because that even though the VX is just like any other isuzu underneath the body, you don't want to associate yourself with an Amigo?

I'm not saying these are true, but I truely don't understand this animosity people hold towards the company that created the VX and I'm just trying to gain insight into the thoughts behind people that do this. To be honest with you I bought the VX because my previous two Zu's lasted forever, and just refused to die. I think I owe the company that made it a debt of gratitude for giving me my money's worth. To de(re)badge is simply insulting in my eyes, regardless of how it looks.

I shouldn't care, but I admit it does bother me.
    2000 Black VX 105k

^completely agree.

Most reliable vehicle my family has ever owned is an Isuzu Trooper... close to 200,000 miles, still ticking, never a hiccup. I can understand not liking the huge lettering, to each thier own. But if you're ashamed it's an Isuzu...i don't get that.

AS for putting on maserati, mercedes, ,whatever badges...that's another matter...and that's a "whatever floats your boat" thing too, for me.

But it's an isuzu. It always will be. If you need to get over it, get over it. But isuzu has done right in my book...

I just can't believe anyone would call the VX "ugly"

As far as 4wds go, I think this is the sleekest machine I have ever seen. I thought that just yesterday as I sat in my garage looking at mine. Granted, I had two drinks by then, but that only took her from best to bester.

And I had a 1991 Trooper before that. Unbeatable, never let me down. When I bought mine from a private party I had no idea I still had a 60k warranty on it. I found out getting her serviced at a local dealership.

Isuzus have their glitches (idle was always weird with the Trooper) but so does every make. And there are symbols I have seen being used by other VXers on this site instead of the Isuzu emblems, some of them pretty cool. The VX is a Cobra, this is what I may put on someday.
    From Unimog to VX - a serious change in velocity - a small sacrifice in voracity.

HEHEHEHE Its a blast to de(re)badge with NASA stickers, you really wouldn't believe the amount of people who say "Is that really made by NASA?" And you can't beat the track anouncer "And here is the NASA Vehicross, it's been to the moon and now it's here at Alaska Raceway Park!"

We have such a rare vehicle you can tell more than half the people out there it is something else and they will believe it. I normally set the people straight but it is fun to mess with them for a while.
    2001 Ironman Daily Driver... 3.5" suspension lift (OME912 springs and 1" spring spacer), ball joint flip, 1.5" front diff. drop, 33"x12.5 TrXus MT, 16x10 Eagle Alloy rims, Interceptor, PV muffler, K&N air filter, Alpine Supercharger, Bilstein shocks, and some trimming.

2000 Ironman Project LS-1 VX... very slow progress but someday....... ohhhhh someday......

Originally posted by Maugan_VX
    You own and supposedly love a vehicle that they made. I think that'd be enough.

Is it because Isuzu isn't a Lexus, an Infinity, a porsche? Is it because when someone looks at an isuzu, they don't go "damn that guy must be someone important"? Is it because that even though the VX is just like any other isuzu underneath the body, you don't want to associate yourself with an Amigo?
    You're arguing 2 points here: 1) I should advertise for Isuzu because I own one and therefore must love it, and 2) I shouldn't be embarrassed to own an Isuzu. Here are my responses:
    1. Love? Well, I like it a lot. But I don't really love it. SUVs aren't really my style in general, but the VX is nice. If it were manual, 300+ hp, and 3000 lb curb weight I'd love it. As for responsibility to Isuzu... that's flawed logic, man. I don't owe them crap. I bought an Isuzu, therefore increasing market demand for their vehicles. That's enough for them to succeed. I have absolutely no reason to use the real-estate on the back of my vehicle to advertise for them. In the near future, I intend to use it to advertise for my company. That's the real reason I cleared it up. I'm just waiting to get my website done, and then there's gonna be a big old www.transio.com sticker where that ISUZU used to be.
    2. I'm not at all embarrassed to own an Isuzu. Whenever someone asks, I tell them exactly what it is and how much I paid for it. I stand by my statement that the Isuzu emblem is ugly as sh*t, though. This is purely a matter of aesthetics. I know people who have removed the L-O-T-U-S lettering from the backs of their Elises. Using your logic, this would necessarily imply that they're embarrassed to own a Lotus? That's illogical. They removed it because the lettering looks like crap. Some replaced it with the Lotus badge. Isuzu doesn't have a badge, or I'd probably have one (if it weren't ugly as crap).
    Steve

I don't like the huge ISUZU on the back, either. I'm going to replace it with a plain Vehicross badge

i have taken all isuzu badges off, simply because they are ugly. i like the look of the VX badge on the grill, and i like the look of the clean rear...thats it. i am PROUD that it is an isuzu. i drove a 94' rodeo before this guy, and it was an awesome rig. when someone asks me what it is.. i tell them. as for the ones that dont ask, i guess they will never know, but i am not going to leave an ugly isuzu badge on just so they could.

my pops has put on ferrari stickers on his, and no he is not a clown. he intention is to play around with those who have no clue what it is, just for kicks. and believe me, a lot of people fall for it. he is not trying to boost his ego or whatever. just for fun, just like why this guy put masarati on his VX.
    cheers!
    mark-
    "Times fun when you're having flies."
    -Kermit the Frog

Maybe we should design our own ISUZU crest to replace the ugly POS stock one?

Quick sketch

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car
    ooo, I like Transio,

How would it be to have the VX more prominent in the foreground with the Isuzu in background.
    Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com

i agree..VX in foreground, isuzu in background. you would need it to be resin coated as well, to give it depth. also, try it with a rectangular shape, rather than oval.

Originally posted by Anita
    I like Transio
    I knew you had a crush on me

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car
    LOL