Hey guys - that's my VX, here's the response I just posted on the Lotus site:

Originally posted by MikeAR303
A vehicross owner with low self esteem who thinks they're fooling someone?
No, actually NOT an Isuzu owner with low self esteem. Low self esteem would be one of those people who buy the least expensive model of an exotic or luxury car so they can say they have one. My self esteem is fine - thank you.

"Ugliest vehicle since the Aztec"

No way man - nothing is that ugly, except that one car from the '70's, what was it.....oh yeh, the Lotus Europa. Actually, through my "informal" survey, I've found that the VehiCROSS (VX) is usually liked by men and disliked (often strongly) by women (kind of an "anti-babe magnet"!). So I am assuming by all these posts that most of the people on this forum who have chimed in are female? Oh, and one more thing, a little homework reveals that Simon Cox - a Lotus designer - was the designer of the VX. Hmmmm....you guys know anyone who will sell me their Lotus badges?....Lotisuzu....I like the sound of it!!!!

If you want to put a Lambo badge, and VW badge, or a badge that says kiss my ***** (thank you Transio!) on your car, that's your business - you paid for it right? I don't personally like what a lot of people have done to their vehicles - but hey - this America after all!

I don't know any of you and don't owe you an explanation, but I'm going to give you one anyway, my Christmas gift to you to help "broaden your horizons". The VX is a great vehicle, VERY capable off-road, check the vehicross.info site to see some amazing things (it won the Dakkar rally), It has some pretty cool techno bits related to it (ceramic body molds, aircraft aluminum shocks with separate reservoirs, true computer controlled 4WD that senses wheel spin before it happens) not to mention a design that is 10 years old, but looks like it is from 10 years in the future (sorry ladies - I'm just talking to the guys here!), a full ladder frame, the shortest stopping distance of any SUV, and limited production of a concept vehicle. OK - so what's this have to do with the badge?? Well, I took off the god-awful Isuzu billboard on the back (about 1 1/2' tall!!) and people kept saying cool vehicle - what is it? As soon as I would say Isuzu, the next thing out of their mouth was "Oh" (let down tone in their voice). So I thought I would put a different badge on it - I toyed around with several and actually considered the Lotus badge because of the tie-in, but finally settled on the Maserati. Maserati has been the willing participant in more than one "poser" vehicle - most notably the Chrysler TC by Maserati, and the Bi-Turbo (Now I have the Maerati forum mad at me too!!), so it seemed to fit.

I do not EVER maintain that this vehicle is a Maserati product - other than, of course, the badge. 9 out of 10 people still ask me who makes it, even with the Maserati badge, and I now get the opportunity to tell them it is a concept car and about all the cool innovations before I tell them it is an Isuzu. Am I ashamed to drive an Isuzu? No, I love the vehicle - it does however deserve more respect.

Ladies, before I leave your neighborhood, I want to first of all thank you for the pictures you took of my VX - I have added them to my gallery, and second, I want to assure you that although you offended me with your comments, my intention was not to offend anyone here - I come in peace (and in jest!). Lastly, although I had lately been considering re-debadging my VX, I have decided because of this to continue my quest to educate the world about this great vehicle, and am now in search of Lotus badging - if any of you can help, please PM me!