Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Isuzerati

Isuzerati

No words for this. Spotted by someone on my Elise forum:

Meh...
    Steve

Did they actually think it was a Maserati?
    2001 Ironman Daily Driver... 3.5" suspension lift (OME912 springs and 1" spring spacer), ball joint flip, 1.5" front diff. drop, 33"x12.5 TrXus MT, 16x10 Eagle Alloy rims, Interceptor, PV muffler, K&N air filter, Alpine Supercharger, Bilstein shocks, and some trimming.

2000 Ironman Project LS-1 VX... very slow progress but someday....... ohhhhh someday......

Nope. They thought it was a clown in a vehicross.

http://www.elisetalk.com/forums/show...&threadid=8494

"that competes with the Aztek for ugliest vehicle ever"

WTF MAN?!?!?!?
    I want a VX. I am going to buy one. Soon.
    DaNiiK@OpTonLiNe.NeT -Danny

i thought that was someone on this board. I saw it somewhere before...someone talking about debadging everything, etc...

transio-
    Is it just me or are there TWO Elise sittin in the driveway with your VX? Please don't tell me you have TWO of them... Nice pics BTW.

Coach... I mean Randy (I often forget who I really am)

Undergoing LS1 Conversion as we speak!
    Click Image to Visit My Website!
    My Webshots Gallery...

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car
    Funny thing happened to me last week and this thread reminded me of it. Everyday I pass a Maserati dealership on my way to work. Big glass windows with lots of beautiful expensive toys in it. Ferraris as well. A stop light right there which I always end up stopping at and peering into the showroom.

One day as I was waiting at the red light I had my daily look into the showroom to see if any of the cars had been sold. I saw a couple along with a salesman checking out this sweet sky blue Maserati convertable. I looked at the light and then back again to the showroom. To my surprise I found three faces looking back at me. Three smiling faces and a salesman who gave me a quick thumb's up.

THey had good taste. ;Dr;
    Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com

someone needs to find that "clown" and introduce his little maserati sticker to a razor blade and goop-off.

God, WHAT IS SO DAMN SHAMEFUL ABOUT WEARING THE ISUZU BADGE?
    2000 Black VX 105k

I think the guy in the other forum got it right, it's a VX owner with low self esteem. Maybe they should sell it and buy themselves a Cooper.
    Life is what happens when you're driving a VX...

it's not that bad

sort of the same as peeling off the 3. in 3.5L... or putting NASA on the back...

and I agree with Maugan.. why not leave the isuzu on it.. maybe that's why they are doing so bad.. no one likes them.. I love mine.. I leave all the badges on it.. I hope more people buy them so they quit closing all the dealerships...

I know that road. It's River Road in Louisville, KY. I drive it every day. I believe I have seen this Ebony several times. But, never following. That name plate is probably from my old '85 BiTurbo I sold some time ago. I don't think he/she has ever been on this board. Raque has the other Ebony in the area.

Originally posted by coachreed
    Is it just me or are there TWO Elise sittin in the driveway with your VX? Please don't tell me you have TWO of them... Nice pics BTW.
    There's one in the garage, too, but I don't have even one Elise yet (and may never due to ingress/egress issues). Easy explanation. Not my house and not my Elises!!! It was an Elise club BBQ at one of the other members' houses.

Wow, that is just CHEESEY! I think I'm gonna start walking around with a shirt on that says "I am a tiger. Hear me roar".

Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Excuse me, but how is this different from someone putting Posrche bagdes on VX?
    If I remeber corectly we had this discusssion a few months ago... I think it was a member of this board, but I cant seem to find that thread....
    My Other Ride Is a Puma
    www.mwior.com

Personally, I just don't like the way the Isuzu badge looks. It's big and ugly and poorly designed. I much prefer a logo or crest or badge to plain uncreative lettering - and not only did they chince out on making a decent crest, but they then made their ugly *** lettering as big as possible. Damn right I'm gonna rip that sh*t off! I also didn't like the VehiCROSS lettering. Gone too. That's why I debadged them... Sue me. I may eliminate the 3.5L and 4wd just because they look awkward there by themselves now..

You couldn't pay me to put a Maserati or Mercedes or Ferrari badge on, though. That's just plain kitsch.

As for "representin" for Isuzu... why? What have they done for me? I have no particular loyalty to the brand, and I could care less if they succeed or fail. Other than the VX, they've made no vehicle that has even interested me..... and even the VX is beginning to annoy me in little ways.