Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Isuzerati

Nope like I said, I like the elise, but it ain't no V6 "just" a 1.8 straight four corolla engine ....and no matter how much you tune it, a four cilinder car ain't cool...it's cute
    Come to think it...an Mitsubishi Evo8 FQ300 is a cool four cilinder though.

Again, as i wrote earlier....

the US spec elises are V6es. (not in japan)

and as for "cute"...there are countless out there that would say the same about anything that comes out of japan...

heck...there are jeep owners that would call the vx cute. stop the mud flinging.

i take back what i said about the v6. thought i recalled theyd be using the v6, from previous reports. looks like they went to a 4-banger. well, that *does* sorta change my opinion....

no offense taken...

if were gonna talk classic sportscar though, let's talk shelby cobra or daytona spyder... don't insult them by throwing miata in their class... yes, the elements are there... roadster, open top, etc. but if we're talking about something that makes your *** draw up, it ain't a miata... unless your about to flip it. my sister owns one, and it's about as cool as a ford escape to me. not bad little roadsters, and i don't mean to slam the miata at any rate. my point was to say the elise is a copy of a copy of a copy of a style of roadster that the miata unwittingly made popular again. and of course you can't compare the specs of an M class Z3 to a miata to an S200, etc... what i'm saying is a bunch of elise drivers should hardly be talking smack about the VX. you can't really put the VX in a class often times... at least you couldn't until it was copied... :-)
    macintosh man

and as for "cute"...there are countless out there that would say the same about anything that comes out of japan...
    I agree, my wife is CUTE!

lol...

if the jeep owners are calling it "cute" maybe it's cause all they see is it's nice round *** as it's pulling their wrangler out of the hole it dug.

Fair enough technocoy. I tend to agree with you about cobras, daytona spyders. But when I think miata I tend to get nostalgic about triumphs, mg's. I think it takes more from light, fun handling sports cars than powerful things like cobras (itself american muscle in a tiny british body).

ahh... yes...

I love an old triumph! but again i wouldn't put a miata even in the same class... now we're talkin vintage though!!! i like your taste in cars, man! minus the post 1970 corvettes and the miata of course... lol.

No, I don't like miatas. I merely don't hate'em. And if you're talking corvettes from 70-96, i hate to say it, but i'm not too fond of them either...

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.

Actually Technocoy....

.....the Miata was a copy too.

....a copy of the Lotus Elan.

Nope like I said, I like the elise, but it ain't no V6
    Hey Dutchie,
    How about this elise?

It has an audi V6 from rs4 and is made with official approval from Lotus!
    Data: 420 hp, 0- 100 km/h in 3.7 sec, topspeed...........enough
    Last edited by thedutchguy : 12/23/2004 at 05:29 AM
    VX : CLOSEST THING TO A CONCEPT CAR!

nice!

I have no love loss for ISUZU. The reason I got rid of mine was because of the terrible service that Isuzu and their feild reps provide to their so-called valued customers. Even debadging my old VX couldn't remove the bad taste in the mouth that Isuzu gives me. I like the look of the VX and on its own merit it's cool, but I will never even allow another Isuzu made product sit in my garage. So to sum this up:

ISUZU = plooyee!!

VX = thumbs up!

Now back to your regular scheduled thread,

VX_PA

P.S. I think everyone should remove their ISUZU badges!!
    "Lead, follow, or get outta my way!!"

On The Elise:

You people who are coming down on the Elise better watch your words... there are some Elise enthusiasts here, too.

The Elise is the purest sports car on the planet. It has a 4 cyllinder engine by design, not by default. The original Esprit was a 4-cyllinder too, before its design got corrupted by power-hungry fools (mostly the american customer base) who associate 0-60 times with performance.

Lotus' philosophy is to design low weight, nimble and agile sports cars. They handle better than anything else on the planet. They are not designed for straight-line acceleration. You don't need a sports car for that - a sedan can tackle the task just fine (look at the M5).

The Miata is a true sports car. Those who don't believe that don't know what a true sports car is. The Miata has been the preferred sports car of autocross enthusiasts in the US for a decade.

Those who call the Elise a "copy" don't know a thing about automotive history. Lotus has been probably the biggest innovator in small, lightweight sports cars since it was founded. The Lotus Seven, one of the greatest sports car designs of all time, is still one of the best track performers today, as manufactured by Caterham and still in high demand.

Lotus is THE leading expert of suspension engineering, and has a big consultation business with other car manufacturers just helping them fine-tune the suspension of their cars. Remember the Isuzu Impreza? "Suspension by Lotus". That's called "bragging rights".
    Steve