if you go through all the posts, i don't think anyone was coming down hard on anything except the corvette, and maybe a little on the miata. If you want to defend the miata, go to the miata forum, i'm defending my VX. I don't like it when elitist sports car snob start talking about the design (visual) of other cars some of the ugliest (percieved) cars in the world are some of the most bad-***. take a look at the bugatti veyron. You bring to everyones attention that people on an elise forum are making fun of one of our own and then you get ansy when we defend them with a little of their own medicine. Not a dig at all transio, i like everything i've seen you post on this forum, and i'm sure if i met you we would get along great, but people have opinions and i think they can express them here. I don't even think this conversation was getting out of hand. I find it fun to discuss this topic with people as i like to see peoples different ideas of "sports car". I LOVE LOTUS, so don't think I'm digging them out here. I'm simply pointing out that a sports car is a sports car is a sports car, and many are riding the waves of others, even if they had there own wave at one point. i don't deny that the elise is a sweet machine, but to say it is "true", may offend other "sports car" owners that you deny viablity simply because you think that handling and curb weight are the most important factors (along with lotus). but by that logic you would be telling me that a huge beast like the bugatti or the lambo or even the enzo (by elise standards of size) are not "true" sports cars. if your curb weight goes up make it lower and wider. And to say that acceleration isn't important is just silly. Have you ever track raced before? acceleration is one of the most important factors in being able to stay in it after a mishap or after a horseshoe. Everyone's opinion differs on the matter of what defines a sports car, and i am not denying the elise it's place, i'm simply saying that the elise, miata, Z3, etc, don't do it for me. (and even though i would typically be one of the first to slam an american car) give me a shelby cobra, a v6 esprit, or an old porsche open top any day of the week though. and yes, i love a good ol' MG or triumph (as far as pure goes).

I have truly enjoyed this conversation so far, but let's keep it friendly as i don't think anyone here has made an attemp to insult anyone, and i think that's what makes it fun. I hope i didn't offend any elise owners in the process, and i think my copy of a copy of a copy remark may have been taken the wrong way, as in no way do i deny the elise it's "true" sports car heritage.

as for the VX, let them talk smack, as in the the end, we still have a more limited vehicle than most people on the planet, and i didn't even pay HALF of what an elise owner paid. I can beat or keep up with many people on the pavement (especially once i get my SC) and then i can take it off-road in a fast and capable way. i don't hear of may vehicles that can do that in nearly the capacity that the VX does.

PEACE to ALL, and have a wonderful and joyful holiday!