Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2005 Meets

Lightbulb 2005 Meets

As some of you know since buying my VX(Jan.2004) I have been doing the Car Show Circuit here in New England. During the Summer of 2004 I attended six(6) shows; three in VT, one in CT and two in MA plus the VX Meet in Monticello,NY. I was able to bring home three trophies for my VX this year which made me feel pretty damn good since I spent a lot of the winter cleaning & polishing.
    I was surprised to find out that hardly anyone had seen a VX before. I never saw another VX until I went to Monticello in December.
    I would like to invite a few of my Northern NY, NH, MA and CT forum members to tag along and join me in the summer of 2005 and really blow people away at some of these local shows.
    John

Thumbs up

Count me in!!!

Brian
    '01 Proton 1416

I'm in as well. I am just a few mods away from being "finished" with my masterpiece (for now). Are we still planning a February Foxwoods meet? If so, when and where??!!

Me three! My ride should be ready for the meet/show scene by spring.

Hey Bear,
    Count me in as well. I noticed that you forgot to metion RI.J/J :laughr: I have 20 trophies since getting my VX. It would be sweet to see more than 1 at a show. If a meet comes up for Mohegan Sun in Feb count me in. Since I did miss last years.

Tony "TDAWG" Rodriguez
    99 Astral Silver 0889

Back to Mohegan

Yeah, Vicky and I were thinking about doing Mohegan this year. We liked the atmosphere a little better than Foxwoods.

We'll probably do a long weekend, so we'll get there Wed. or Thurs. and leave Sat night. So hopefully the VX meet will be the grand finale to our anniversary weekend. ;Dr;

How does Saturday, Feb. 12, 2005 sound?

I'll put up a new topic after WSG finishes his site work after the New year.

Thanks,
    Brian

Mohegan sounds like a plan.(no slots though )
    Post it soon as you see fit. It should be about a three hour drive for me.
    I will post the rest of the shows as soon as they become available so we can all meet and "razzle/dazzle" them with our VX monsters.
    Sorry did not mean to leave any state out. ANY New England, NY, NJ or PA VXer is herby notified of an open invitation to join me for a VX get together. If it's going to be an ALL VX Meet then Iwill supply the "Dash Plaques" like I did for Monticello
    John

BTW---
    If anyone happens to come to Manchester,VT for shopping and/or skiing be sure to get in touch with me for a coffee break.
    John

Lake Placid Invitational Show

Did anyone else hear about the upcoming "Lake Placid Festival of Cars" show scheduled for May 20-22,2005???
    This is a "by invitation only" show for 175 cars. Scheduled to be inside at the old Olympic Center on Main Street in Lake Placid,NY. It should bring out the cream of the crop in all classes. I know my club (VORC) has already filed to put a VX in the show, hopefully it will be approved for display...we'll see what happens! Should know by the end of January.
    John

Count me in too. I don't have any mods to my Proton but she's a looker.

Avoid the slots and go for the Texas Hold'em tables. That's my game!!!
    Life is what happens when you're driving a VX...

So far there are three shows listed in the area which I will probably attend:
    1. Shelburne,VT 6/3-6/5
    2. Rutland,VT 7/9-7/10 (for sure on this one)
    3. Lake Placid,NY 5/20-5/22 (still waiting on invitation confirmation)
    I'll keep everybody posted on any changes or additions so we can all meet.
    John :biggroup:

Quote Originally Posted by Hanalei
    Avoid the slots and go for the Texas Hold'em tables. That's my game!!!
    WRONG! Thats MY game! You going to the Vegas meet?
    2001 Ironman Daily Driver... 3.5" suspension lift (OME912 springs and 1" spring spacer), ball joint flip, 1.5" front diff. drop, 33"x12.5 TrXus MT, 16x10 Eagle Alloy rims, Interceptor, PV muffler, K&N air filter, Alpine Supercharger, Bilstein shocks, and some trimming.

2000 Ironman Project LS-1 VX... very slow progress but someday....... ohhhhh someday......

Cool Upcoming Meets/Shows

I am putting together a list of Car Shows for the Summer of 2005 as we speak. Waiting to hear back on some of them concerning class limitations and/or age cut-offs.
    I know we just had a major snow dump here in New England...but think "warm thoughts".
    I would love to have some VX company at some of these shows and really freak out the public with our cars. So far I have 11 potential shows to go to between May and September (Not counting the "Mohegan Sun Run" in February...I'll be there!) in NY, CT, MA, NH and VT.
    I'll keep everyone posted onthe progress of the list.
    John

Thumbs up First Car Show

Ok here is the poop on the first show of the season...I know it's early and the snow(BRRR) is still on the ground but.
    I have been in contact with the Saratoga Automobile Museum in Saratoga,NY
    They are having a spring car show on Saturday MAY 14th at the Saratoga Springs State Park.
    They have promised to add a special class(w/trophies) just for the VX cars that show up if we can get a bunch of us together. Dash Plaques and Goodie bags will be given out and registration is $10.00 before May 1st.
    Let me know how many of you would be willing to go to this one.
    John

Smile

Yahoo....
    Got my invitation...
    Looks like the VX is going to be represented at the special Lake Placid Invitational Auto Show in May. The VORC submitted a nomination back in December,2004 and just received the confirmation for the show.
    check it out: www.lakeplacidfestivalofcars.com

John