Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Clicking noise in dash

I'll post asap

Led's from Autoillumination came today, the Led's and flasher from SuperBrightLed's should come in mid next week, I will let you know asap.
    I case you were wondering.......
    I have already custom made Led's to fit inside of the hazard light and the cruise control (clear), but they were just test runs to make sure it would all work (and they work great). All bulbs including all A/C, power drive, winter drive, both defrosters, side view mirrors, TOD, (even the cigarette lighter found a clear surround at Radioshack) basically everything will be blue Led's shortly. A lot of stuff I am just custom making because all of the screw in base type Led's are WAY OVER PRICED. I can order 50 of the brightest 3mm Led's available for $10 with shipping and just pop out the old bulbs and heat up some custom connections and save a ton. Cheapest base type twist in Led's I could find, that may or may not fit correctly, were $4.50 each! I will posts pics and hopefully a do it yourself, (or if you are even in Houston, I actually enjoy the wiring stuff), or if you send me or find some of the stock twist base housings (with or without bulbs) I am taking notes so I will know what to do if I ever do it again, heck I might just start making these things myself for anybody that wants them, they are so much better than that weak green! No offense to anybody that likes the green glow it's just not me.
    In Christ,
    Ryan H
    USA Decathlon Team

I'm now also subject to a clicking, in my case coming from underneath the passenger side dash. It sounds like a relay clicking on and off slowly (about every 20 seconds). It's most noticeable at idle, but does it all the time while driving (and no it's not the fan). Any ideas on this one? I'm going to get behind the glovebox this weekend to see if I can find anything.

-- John
    Last edited by johnnyapollo : 11/08/2005 at 04:14 AM
    John Eaton
    Original Owner
    2001 Proton Yellow #580
    Atlanta GA

http://wildtoys.com/vehicross/
    http://vehicross.blogspot.com/

"Metaphors be with you"