Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Az. W.E. Rocks meet

Will see you in Globe

Billy

Have to stop in Oracle on the way up, so will meet you in globe at the event.

It going to be a blast

Victor, you gotta talk to all those Phoenix VXers and get them to go! They are going to miss all the fun...AGAIN!
    Come on, the more the merrier!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Go check out the Maxxis Tires Motorhome and see my friend Creighton King. He should have our 2004 Maxxis Rock Crawling Team Poster that you can get from him. You might be able to talk him out of a Maxxis t-shirt as well. Again sorry we can’t make it. Too many events this year and too little vacation time. But we will be in Phoenix in August for UROC. Oh yea, root for our team members Mike and Troy Bailey. They should be right at the top in Modified Class.
    Todd

Will do Todd! Maybe they will be looking for a cool VX to "test" those tires out on...I could definately use a new set! I saw them in one of the mags and they look sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete
    Will do Todd! Maybe they will be looking for a cool VX to "test" those tires out on...I could definately use a new set! I saw them in one of the mags and they look sweet!
    The Creepy Crawler is not much of an on road tire and the smallest size is 35. But if you are really interested in the best off road tire there is, see me at 'ZuZoo. I am not just saying that because they are my sponsor. Milke and Troy finished 3rd at SuperCrawl and 3rd overall last year in UROC. Our team did not have one tire failure last year. In fact I have a set of used 35's for sale right now.
    http://www.maxxis.com/products/autom...tail.asp?id=64

Todd

That new Trepador is sweet! Too bad them or the Creepy Crawlers don't come in a 33. I am going to be getting a set of 33s before ZuZoo.

That new Trepador is sweet! Too bad them or the Creepy Crawlers don't come in a 33. I am going to be getting a set of 33s before ZuZoo.

I have not run them but I have had my hands on the new Trepador. Either you saw it SEMA or a picture from SEMA. There are few of the prototypes out there. There is more tread on the sidewall than most tires have altogether. I am constantly amazed at the traction we get with the sidewall of our Creepy Crawlers. They almost defy gravity. Then I give Linda the wrong instructions and...

We were out in the mud and snow with the Jeep the other day and the Creepy Crawlers were like having chains on. They are by far the best tire I have ever seen in the mud.

OK for your VX I would recommend the BFG KO in the 16". I got 60,000 miles on a set.

Im not sure if I will be camping... Are you guys camping out? The likely hood of that would be 20-30%. But I will be bringing my 3 month old puppy. Is that a good idea? See you guys at the same spot. Lets make it the Gas Station on the 60 just west of the 177 or is that I-77?

Everyone bring your rain gear! Victor, are you talking about the station where we filled up last time? If so that works for me. I do not plan on camping out, just hanging out Saturday, watching the event and if it ends early enough hit a trail. If it ends late maybe get some dinner!

Todd, I have the AT KOs now. I have been pretty happy with them but the trails around here are real rocky. The tires have chunked pretty badly. The tires I am going to get are going to be strictly for off road so I'm not to concerned about noise or road. The only road they will see is driving to the trail. I've been thinking about the Goodyear MTRs. Was thinking about Swamper TSLs but don't like how heavy they are.

Todd, I have the AT KOs now. I have been pretty happy with them but the trails around here are real rocky. The tires have chunked pretty badly. The tires I am going to get are going to be strictly for off road so I'm not to concerned about noise or road. The only road they will see is driving to the trail. I've been thinking about the Goodyear MTRs. Was thinking about Swamper TSLs but don't like how heavy they are.
    Go with the MTR's. Too bad Maxxis does not make a 33 Creepy Crawler they don't chunk out. And the 35's are a true 35" same as most 37". The first set I got were the 14.5 x 37's they were huge!

Will they still have the event with all this rain? Will the tires grip the rocks with all that rain?

Category added in the GALLERY
    Scott / moncha.com

It rained and rained and rained!

Thanks Moncha! Unfortunately no VX pics. The weather did not cooperate. # VXers and 1 GF braved the wet Arizona liquid sunshine...Me (Triathlete), Jeff (TucsonVX) and Victor (VCAMILO) and his GF. The competition action was pretty cool and mede even more dificult by the rain. Jeff and Victor left a little early and missed the carnage on obstacle C5! ROLL OVERS!
    Here are a few comp pics...

Some of the courses...

Carnage on C5...

Up close and personal...

And then more carnage...

Team Maxxis up close...

Rhino lighting up the tires...

Here is a link to the Pirate 4X article, results and lots of cool pics from the event if anyone is interested.