Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dancing Fuel Guage...

Dancing Fuel Gauge: Me too

Well...I just joined the Dancing Fuel Gauge club this weekend. Anyone been living with this for a long time?

Could someone inform me of where this thing is. I recall Tone telling me it is under the tank...?
    face the mirror

Mine dances allover the place on my rodeo sport and a CEL P0463 comes up. I spotted on a link somewhere that the fuel sending unit is part of the fuel pump and thus is covered by the 100k drivetrain warranty, and the new unit they replace it with is redesigned. Something about the little plastic teeth on it wear out and star slipping.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by xdfarrx
    Could someone inform me of where this thing is. I recall Tone telling me it is under the tank...?
    According to the pics in the workshop cd from Tone, looks like it's on the front/right (facing forward) of the tank about 1/3 in from right & 1/3 down from top. Also, it looks like we share gas tanks w/ an Hombre.?
    Ldub

L dub
    Do we have to drop the tank. I think Tone also said this needed to be done. Out of curiousity is this the Mode Swith Sensor?
    thanks
    Dfarr

Ex-fuel dancer

All,

I used to have the same problem... but I used 2 fuel injector cleaner bottles per tank for a couple tank-fulls and now the gauge works great again!
    It's been over a year since the problem was fixed.
    ---JIM---
    SilverBullet75
    Formerly: '01 Ebony VXSTLTH
    Now: '08 Saab 9-7x Aero 6.0L

Quote Originally Posted by xdfarrx
    L dub
    Do we have to drop the tank. I think Tone also said this needed to be done. Out of curiousity is this the Mode Swith Sensor?
    thanks
    Dfarr
    D,
    Yeah, looks like the tank has to be dropped. There is a good writeup of how to do this @ PlanetIsuzu.com. Although it's being done on a Rodeo, I doubt that the proceedure is much different.
    Ldub

Fuel Gauge Is Pooped

Mine Just Plain Dont Work, It Did A Little When I First Got It But It Started Not Working More Often And I Could Bang The Dash With My Fist And It Would Work.now It Just Stays At Empty,sometimes When I Fill It Up It Reads A Full Tank But Not 4 Long Then It Goes Back To E,i Just Use The Trip Odometer Every 250 Miles I Fill Him Up.yeah I Said Him, My Vx Is Not A Female Lmao.at 90,000 Miles I Git 18 Mpg's All The Time Yeah.

Exclamation Fuel Guage

Upon filling up, my fuel guage reads "F", but after 10 miles it drops to 1/2 and stays there for the next 150 miles before moving towards "E". I've been doing the 200 mile fill up.

Last week, for no reason, it started working FINE. ?????????????????????????????

Don't understand!!

Howard (0761)

Stupid Fuel Gauge

ITS JUST JUNK LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE MAN MADE EVERYTHING IS BUILT TO FAIL SO THEY CAN KEEP CASHING IN ON ALL US SUCKERS.

Quote Originally Posted by WILLY
    ITS JUST JUNK LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE MAN MADE EVERYTHING IS BUILT TO FAIL SO THEY CAN KEEP CASHING IN ON ALL US SUCKERS.
    So...given that logic, if I could find a sending unit made by a fish or small woodland critter it would last forever ???

ITS POSSIBLE LMFAO

VX Adopted Out. 2005 BMW 325CI & 2006 4Runner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Navigator
    ...they appologized up and down for not being able to fix it and gave me a brand new Subaru as a loaner while they fiddled with it to no avail.
    The gauge on my Proton danced from day one. Finally took her in today to get it fixed. They replaced the sender unit (float mechanism) in the tank. $200 later, gauge still dances. My mechanic is also stumped. Only thing they could suggest at this point was replacing the dash gauge itself and see if that works. Before they do that, I thought I'd check here to see if anybody else has done this - and, did it work?

Thanks.

-biju.

He lingers -- happily -- in a new hybrid state of semi-hormonal adolescence and responsible self-reliance.

Ya know i forgot to post my fix for mine,i took off my gauge cluster cause i figured that was where the prob.was considering it would work a little when i would hit the dash and i found a little screw on the back of the board right behind the fuel gauge and it was not completely screwed in so i screwed it in and it has worked great ever since.kinda weird how it was not all the way in cause it was not loose when i screwed it in,it was actually kinda stiff,probably just never got screwed all the way in at the factory,maybe someone had a 420 break and had a moment of short term memory loss.

Mine dances too. But since I don't have electric schematics perhaps someone who does can tell me if there is a voltage stabilisor in this circuit?
    Maybe intergrated in the dash?
    VX : CLOSEST THING TO A CONCEPT CAR!