Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Dancing Fuel Guage...

I'm still waiting.....................................bump.
    VX : CLOSEST THING TO A CONCEPT CAR!

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by WILLY
    Ya know i forgot to post my fix for mine,i took off my gauge cluster cause i figured that was where the prob.was considering it would work a little when i would hit the dash and i found a little screw on the back of the board right behind the fuel gauge and it was not completely screwed in so i screwed it in and it has worked great ever since.kinda weird how it was not all the way in cause it was not loose when i screwed it in,it was actually kinda stiff,probably just never got screwed all the way in at the factory,maybe someone had a 420 break and had a moment of short term memory loss.
    I took my dash apart (happening too frequently these days with all the tinkering I do ) and pulled the fuel gauge apart and tightened all the screws - no change to my dancing gauge. It appears to be a copper coil with 3 resistors around it... I'll take some pics next time it's apart if some one wants them.

Yeah I didn, take the gauge itself apart all i did was pull the panel off and on the backside of the panel u can see circuit board and there was a tiny screw that screws into the board behind the fuel gauge and i snugged it down and fixed my prob.

My new VX is also dancing its needle around. I wanted to know if anyone had found the solution? It is bugging me to no end

I'm hoping after all this time someone can chime in with what the problem and solution really is.

Thanks
    ---------

Ty

It can be several things but luckly for me it was just the screw on the board right behind the gauge,i just screwed it in the rest of the way and it started working and has continued to work since.

mine does it when i turn only, but this is my 3rd isuzu and i have notice that of them that start getting higher mileage, start doing that, all of mine did before, and i bet my VX will start doing to.

Whats the Point of Living, if You don't go BIG.....
    Turning My VX Into Rally VX

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by WILLY View Post
    It can be several things but luckly for me it was just the screw on the board right behind the gauge,i just screwed it in the rest of the way and it started working and has continued to work since.
    I tried this but it didn't fix mine. I read a previous post where someone used injector cleaner in a couple of tanks of gas...didn't hold much hope that this would work but tried it anyways...after 2 tanks with Lucas fuel system treatment the darned gauge seems to be working pretty good...go figure?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"If its fast and reliable, its not cheap;
    if its fast and cheap, its not reliable;
    if its cheap and reliable, its not fast."

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

good to here! hopefully it keeps working for ya.

Mine has never had this trouble (knock on wood), and I know quite a few VXers that don't have the dancing fuel gauge either. Must be a "chronic" VX problem like windows, CD changer, etc. that only some have.
    The only thing we have to fear is fear itself... and zombies.

My VehiCROSS

My Proton's gauge doesn't dance... BUT the Ironman! That fuel gauge could salsa, merengue, cha-cha, flamenco, tango, foxtrot, jitter bug, you name it!!! It was a dancing machine! I got used to it though. I never tried to fix it. If I was on a flat road, no problem. If I was going over some crazy bumps, and hills and stuff, I couldn't tell if I was empty or full. The "I am out of gas in a few minutes" light would come on when I needed gas so I figured I was ok.
    ~*~Cece~*~

- Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

Mine dances too but I only notice it when 1/2 tank or below. It's about time for some injector cleaner anyway. Hopefully that'll help.

On every other vehicle I've owned, the first 1/4 tank of gas lasted alot longer than the last 1/4. The VX appears opposite. It comes off full very quickly but the last 1/2 tanks seems to last forever. I guess it's all tied together.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    On every other vehicle I've owned, the first 1/4 tank of gas lasted alot longer than the last 1/4. The VX appears opposite. It comes off full very quickly but the last 1/2 tanks seems to last forever. I guess it's all tied together.
    I hear that! I think the VX is dyslexic! Personally I wish it were the opposite as it just "seems" nicer that way!...My Ram goes a long ways on both the first quarter and last quarter but sheesh the middle half goes lickety-split...lol.

"Personally I wish it were the opposite as it just "seems" nicer that way!..."

True but not worth losing sleep over.